CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Payment Problem (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/365918-payment-problem.html)

HollidaySlim July 6th, 2009 09:27 AM

Payment Problem

I was informed this morning by one of the couples cruising with is this morning that they will not be able to pay for the rest of their cruise that is due TOMORROW! I am willing to pay the balance on their cruise but won't have cash in hand till next week. What will carnival do with their booking? Will they cancel the booking or just get charged fees? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt

billbelt July 6th, 2009 10:13 AM

Payment

Matt---I would suggest that first you call your travel agent (the one you booked the cruise through) and discuss this with him/her. Ask for a few more dasy for the parties to pay. The cruise industry does nto want to lose customers or bookings right now and they should be willing to work with you.If you booked from Carnival try to discuss with them. You may have to ask for a supervisor. If you have a credit card put the balance on the card. I would try as many alternatives as I could in order not to lose the cruise or money already put down. Good luck!

HollidaySlim July 6th, 2009 10:23 AM

Thanks Billbelt!

I left a message for my Carnival PVP this morning and am waiting to hear back from him. I would put it on a credit card but unfortunately i do not use them. Doing a little research on the carnival.com forums found that in most cases they do not cancel the booking but charge a late fee. I kinda do not want to pay the balance of their fare but they already put $500 down and I would hate to see them lose that.

green_rd July 6th, 2009 10:27 AM

Matt - you are a good friend to pick up the balance for your friends. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. I think Bill A is correct, Carnival would probably be willing to work with you but you may have to climb the ranks a little bit.

HollidaySlim July 6th, 2009 01:52 PM

OK. I got the skinny on what happens if you can't pay by the deadline date. Basically the PVP ( or TA i guess) requests an extension for you. If you don't pay by the extension then you lose your booking and deposit. I am not sure how long you get an extension because, luckily for us the couple that couldn't pay originally DID find another way to fund the rest of the fare. So all is now good for our first cruise with friends on Freedom in Sept!

billbelt July 7th, 2009 09:24 AM

Payment Issue

HolidaySlim---You send great news. I am glad all worked out well. You and the others have a great cruise. I agree with another writer. It would be great to have a friend willing to go that extra mile--especially in this day and time. They are lucky folks.LOL LOL LOL

HollidaySlim July 7th, 2009 11:36 AM

Thanks All! Yeah this would be their first cruise and will be my wife and I's first cruise with a group of people (we have only went by ourselves before). We are all really looking forward to it. The couple we were going to pay for have been friends of ours since we were both knee high and I know they would do the same if they were in our position. Anywho 2 months till we sail! I can't wait!

cruisingrandma2007 July 7th, 2009 11:43 AM

I understand how you feel. I would do the same. I cant wait to hear all about your cruise when you get back. We did the Glory in 08 and now we have to wait till April to go on the Freedom. So I do want to know all about it. Keep in touch. Have a great cruise.