Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Triumph-adjoing balcony?

Just booked a cruise on the Carnival Triumph for my husband and two boys ages 15 and 10, wanted adjoining rooms but none where available so the travel agent talked me into two rooms side by side that can be adjoined via the balconys. Has anyone ever heard of this and does it work out? I just don't understand how private balconys can be joined to gain acess to both rooms.
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisingrandma2007

It is very neat works out very well.
The partition in between the balconys can be opened by the cabin steward. it lays flat against the wall and they lock it open. Then u can both use the same balcony and can go from room to room by the outside. its even better then the adjoining cabiins. You ahve a bigger balcony then too. Have a great cruise. enjoy!
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingrandma2007
It is very neat works out very well.
The partition in between the balconys can be opened by the cabin steward. it lays flat against the wall and they lock it open. Then u can both use the same balcony and can go from room to room by the outside. its even better then the adjoining cabiins. You ahve a bigger balcony then too. Have a great cruise. enjoy!
Thanks so much for clarifying that for me. I am always weary that these agents just say things in order to do the booking. It's better to find out from someone who actually did it. Thanks again!
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:47 PM
First Mate

I would recommend taking a bungee cord to keep the partition open. We had ours open between two cabins on the Miracle and it didn’t fold flat or lock open. Most do but fold flat but ours actually opened across one of the doorways. We set a chair against it to hold it open. One night the weather was rough and maintenance came through and locked all the partitions closed but our room steward opened it again about noon the next day went the weather calmed.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old July 7th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMiller
I would recommend taking a bungee cord to keep the partition open. We had ours open between two cabins on the Miracle and it didn’t fold flat or lock open. Most do but fold flat but ours actually opened across one of the doorways. We set a chair against it to hold it open. One night the weather was rough and maintenance came through and locked all the partitions closed but our room steward opened it again about noon the next day went the weather calmed.
Thanks for the suggestion!