Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Suite on the Inspiration

We just returned but I have to say after sailing on the Glory in a suite I expected to see the same type of room on the Inspiration.

Instead of the cabin being the same. The suite on the Inspiration was layed out tight fitting. We did have three people in the suite but it looked nothing like the one on the Glory. When we opened the door of the cabin we just stood there and said did they give us the wrong cabin?

We couldn't even get on the balcony without climbing over the chair on it. Forget about two of us sitting on the balcony. There was no room for your feet either. There was enough room to simply stand. It was the most narrow balcony I ever saw. We had to place our feet up on the rails because there was not room to put them in front of us. Boy was it uncomfortable.

The cabin was V22 and our friends were in V18 but there were only 2 of them bked in that cabin. They also were disappointed.

It was not booked as an obstructed view yet there were alot of equipment in front of the cabin like some sort of big metal arm holding up things covered.

It actually looked like an old outside cabin that they tried to make look like a suite.

The suite on the Glory had a separate vanity room and a whirlpool tub and two sinks in the bathroom it had a huge wall bar and two end tables, huge coffee table & chairs. There was plenty of space to move around. The balcony had two huge chairs, a table & was very wide. We could have put four people on this balcony comfortably.

If I was to sail again I would not book 3 in a suite on the Inspiration. It is just to tight fitting even for two.

We did have one very wonderful, happy cruise dispute this cabin. I was sorry it ended so soon.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:58 PM
First Mate

Well please keep in mind the Inspriration is quite a few years older than the Glory and the naval architecture allowing it to have the balconies that many of us now enjoy.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Admiral

All the Fantasy class ships have these so-called suites. They were at one time called Demi-suites, or in other words a mini-suite. They were built when the ship was built, not added later. I personally would not spend the extra money for one of these. Several have their view blocked by lifeboats hanging in your face and then there's several close to the front of the ship that has stairs and a deck almost in your face so people coming up and down the stairs can almost look you in the eye.
No, they can't and don't compare to a suite on the Glory or any of the more modern ships. But hey, any cabin is better than no cabin.
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Ron I totally agree any cabin is better than no cabin but when you are sent pics of what your suite will look like and then enter it and find it looks actually like an outside cabin but they squeezed in a couch and added a tiny balcony you really can't all sit on together that was our disappointment.

I posted my opinion so others can think twice before paying for a suite on this ship. I have sailed on this ship two other times and was told it was refurnished. When I boarded her I did not see much of a change other than the lovely adult area on the back of the ship, water slide, jogging area etc. Everything else looked about the same.

We actually paid just alittle above an outside cabin so we were relieved that we paid what we did and not the actual price of a suite.

Like I said we enjoyed the cruise and had a great time. It was alot of fun.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Ro, I'm agreeing with you and certainly understand as to your disappointment over the so called "suite ".
Although I've never stayed in one of those demi-suites, I've been on the Inspiration 2 times and the first time aboard we got to take a look inside one of these demi-suites and realized right away it wasn't what it was cracked up to be. I'm glad you still had a good time on your cruise.
Old July 7th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Admiral

You needed to book a cat12 with three people. Cat 11 is 220 sq feet and the balcony is 30sq ft. Cat 12 is 320 sq ft with a 70 sq ft balcony. No obstructed views . In my opinion it’s worth the extra money.
We had a cat12 on Fantasy and it was great. It’s just a matter of choice.
We have it for this cruise in December on the Inspiration.

Need some cruise help?
ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014