Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Miracle

Hi,

I have never cruised with Carnival before and I have found a cruise leaving from N.Y. and stoping in Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and nassau that I want to go on. I would like to have my Son and his Wife go along. It would be their first cruise, since they are of the "all-inclusive" plant your butt on the beach in Mexico type. BUT..... the ship that I am looking at is the Carnival MIRACLE. I have looked up the reviews of this ship and I haven't seen many good reviews. Does anyone have anything to say about the MIRACLE?????????? Thanks in advance, Cassieb
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Admiral

ABSOLUTELY! The "Miracle" is a Spirit class ship, and IMO is one of the best! I think you'll agree that the crew, entertainment, and food are excellent. You have to remember, that most of us who cruise frequently, and are always satisfied, rarely take the time to post a review, but those who have some "beef" with the cruise, ship, or life in general, are very quick to post a review. That's the sad truth! I'd bet for every "bad" review you read, there are 5000 of us who totally enjoyed their cruise. Give "Miracle" a go. You won't be sorry!

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Ditto what Sky said. I have never been on the Miracle but would not hesitate to go. The stops at Grand Turk and Half Moon are some of the best for beach days. Enjoy!! 8)
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Captain

We love it, it is by far our favorite ship. We were on her this past February and had such a great time, we have booked another cruise, same cabin in 2011. The crew, entertainment, food, everything are excellent. At dinner we had a table for 2 as we were celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Go for it.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Miracle last July and sail on it again in 10 days. This will be our 22nd Carnival cruise so I have alot to compare it to. This is our favorite ship. Not to big and not to small. Also leave out of NY is spectacular. Just the site of the StATUE OF Liberty, Ellis Island and Lower Manhattan makes the trip worthwhile. What more can I say?
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are booked on the Miracle, sailing on August 28th. It is great to read such positive feedback on this ship. We knew nothing about the Miracle when I booked in April. Chose it because - grandchildren are still on summer vacation - I'm recuperating from surgery and shouldn't fly - husband recuperating from hip surgery - and we can drive to the port. Have previously sailed the Liberty and the Freedom. Anxious to try a little smaller ship. Sailed out of NYC in 1982 & 1983 - never forgot the experience. Looking forward to it.
Old July 18th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Passenger

ive been on it 4 times...3 out of ny and once out of tampa and its awesome!!! ive been on all classes of carnival ships and the spirit class is my favorite...they have the best lido decks too
Old July 19th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to vi reynolds

First Carnival with us too. Husband booked ibecause they take infants, This was the first with my parents (and first cruise for then) and we found that there is something for everyone, We were travelling with a sixth month old! and it was still possible!!!

Good choice, IMHO, if you want to be middle of the road (dressing up ways - although I dress up there tpp! lol but not too snooty.

Just come back from Carnival and it was fun, but yes Cunnard is more luxurious!
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Familiar Face

As I have heard in the past - There is no such thing as a bad cruise...Only bad cruisers....

We have had bad experiences on cruises before but never never let them ruin our cruise.....

Carnival is a fun cruise line. Go for it and ENJOY!!!!!
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed the Miracle last September, came off her and booked her again a week later for this September. We had a medical emergency issue that caused the cancellation of one cabin which was a fiasco but it did not in any way deter the fantastic time we had. We renewed our vows for our 25th anniversary and had dinner in Nick and Nora's that evening. I'm glad we booked so early as I have only seen this fare go up in price. We have also been on her sister ships, Pride and Legend no complaints on those either. My only complaint is the disaster they seem to have with embarking and debarking in New York. They need a better plan, their sister company Princess does. Have a great time, a cruise is what you make of it.
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Familiar Face

have been on the Miracle three times, and enjoyed all of them.
Carnival Jubilee 88
Carnival Holiday 89
Sovereign of the Seas 91
Carnival Celebration 92
Big Red Boat 93
Explorer of the Seas 03
Carnival Victory 04
Carnival Legend 05
Jewel of the Seas 06
Carnival Triumph 06
Carnival Miracle 07
Carnival Victory 07
Carnival Miracle 08
Carnival Miracle 09
Carnival Liberty 10
Celebrity Reflection 14
Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
Passenger

I've been on the MIRACLE a couple of times. The ship is very well maintained, vwith a very diverse clientele. Have always had a great time on board.

Definitely one to consider. IMO.

Annie
Old August 4th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Beginner

Default Miracle Is A Great Ship

Like most have said the Miracle cruise ship is one of the best of the carnival fleet. The crew is great and tons of activities to enjoy. Like skymaster stated before, there are always someone eager to give a bad review. To get to the truth you need to find out if your source is an Veteran Cruiser or trusted source.