CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   What are the benefits? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/366240-what-benefits.html)

getsemani1 July 16th, 2009 10:28 PM

What are the benefits?

I'm curious. What are the benefits of booking your next cruise while still on the ship? I've seen people doing this and I'm wondering if there are any benefits in doing this? When they do book, do they have to make a deposit right there and then, or can they book and pay the deposit in a set amount of time?

Runamok July 17th, 2009 07:37 AM

Did this on the Liberty this past April. If I remember right, it was a one hundred dollar deposit towards a future cruise. Then they will give you a certificate for up to one hundred dollars in on board credit. The amount of OBC depends on how long the cruise. I believe they give you up to 5 years to pick and book a cruise. If you already know where you want to go think you can book it then too. Just mail in the certificate.

What suprised me the most was walking up and the girl behind the counter speaking in an American accent. I'm curious does anybody know if they are pvp's? Employees from Miami? Seems like a nice job if one can get it especially if the choice is working on a ship in the Caribbean or an office cubicle.

getsemani1 July 17th, 2009 10:41 AM

So, all you have to do is pay $100 for a future cruise? If you already know where you want to go and book that, do you still get to pay the $100 or does the price change?

Halosfan2005 July 19th, 2009 02:30 AM

So the OBC is for use on the future or current cruise?

Runamok July 19th, 2009 06:47 AM

Hello getsamani and halosfan,

The on board credit is for the next cruise. I found an ad/ application that I forgot that I had.

On the front it has, in big letters Future Carnival Vacations, Where Next, only available during this cruise, Book now and receive up to $200 to spend any way you like on your next Carnival vacation. This offer is only available onbard this ship. If you know when you want to cruise again, we will help you arrange your vacation today.
- you will receive the Onbard Credit promotion...Plus...
-You will receive two vouchers you can give to your Family
and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit as you
Not sure when you can cruise again, but want to receive the great offer? You can with only a $100 deposit toward your future cruise, we will issue you a certificate good for an on board credit worth up to 200 per stateroom. Speak today to a loyalty & Cruise expert located on Promendade deck mid-ship for more details.

On the back it has a form to fill out, cruise and persoal info. A note on top has Cruise deposit is anywhere from 100 to 500 per person based on length. The next section has, fill out this section to buy your cruise certifate today. 100 deposit per certifcate. Depoit amout will be applied directly to booking fare upon redemption. Certificate is Valid for 5 yeard from issue date. Then cc info.

Runamok July 19th, 2009 07:07 AM

wish I had a scanner, would be so much easier. now for the fine print at the bottom.

Imortant information about your future carnival vacations offer. This offer is valid for up to 200 us dollars only on carnival cruise lines and can only be used as a credit on board a carnival ship. onboard credit amout of up to 50 per stateroom on a 3-5 day cruise, up to 75 on a 6 day cruise, up to 100 per stateroom on a 7-8 day cruise, and up to 200 per stateroom on a cruise 12 days or longer. Single occupancy booking receive half of the onboard credit amout. Onboard credit value is based on lenght of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom when ship and sailing date is selected. Full deposits are due at the time of booking and vary by sailing. Freinds and family vouchers not applicable with certificate purchases. Offer is only available when purchasing a cruise on board.

Hope that helps? the fine print sounds like a full deposit is needed if you are ready to book? I didn't have too much time to ask questions, the first time she had to run to a meeting, and the second time I went to talk to her the certificates were not printing. They were backed up and had to print out everything manualy.

getsemani1 July 19th, 2009 08:57 AM

I've cruised with Carnival 3 times and I don't remember seeing this application anywhere, including my cabin. I have seen people signing up for future cruises but I never questioned it. I would like to take advantage of this offer.

Halosfan2005 July 19th, 2009 02:39 PM

XOXO Runamok!

I cruise next Sunday. Thank You for taking the time to post all the information.

Runamok July 20th, 2009 04:14 AM

You two are welcome, and have fun on your future cruises.

I did read somewhere probably another site that they are only offering it on a few ships? Don't know which ships other then the Liberty.

Halosfan i'm guessing that means you are an Angles fan? As a lowly Orioles fan I'd like to see the Angles do well.