Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Familiar Face

I do the exact same as you, pay the initial deposit & pay by the deadline. I always use cash to pay for my cruise or debit card that takes it right out of my checking account. I don't have credit cards so that's not even an option. Even on my S&S I use put cash down as my deposit, I dont use a card for that either.
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I have been fortunate enough to take 2, 3, 4, or five cruises a year since 2000.

The reasons are:

Worked my butt off for twenty five years in a professional position.

Made wise investments and learned how to manage money for the long term and on a day to day basis.

Not doing things like paying for my cruise on a monthly basis. I save the money and at least earn a small amount of interest rather than have the cruise line or travel agency make money on my money. If you pay off the cruise in increments because you feel that you'll spend the money before the cruise then you need to rethink your priorities and decide if you can really afford a cruise.

I learned at a young age that people who have money usually know how to handle it and they spend and use it wisely.

With some restraint and fiscal responsibility it pays off in the end.

Finally: You have to understand that some people do have more money than other people, have different priorities and because of that they can cruise more often.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Joko Joan
Default Paying for a Cruise

Years ago I had been a smoker. When the price went to $.50/pack we decided to quit. I decided to put away into my 'cruise fund' the amount we would have paid for the two of us. Can you imagine just how much we are socking away now at today's prices??? I thought it was a great incentive to be able to cruise more AND to become healthier at the same time.

Future Cruises:
9/12/09 - Carnival Glory
11/21/09 - Carnival Freedom
12/19/09 - Holland America's Eurodam