CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Early savers check your booking (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/366285-early-savers-check-your-booking.html)

katlady July 18th, 2009 10:15 PM

Early savers check your booking

My booking for May 2010 just went down. Yeah it was only $10 per person. But I put in my request form and I will see how the process works. :D Anyway others ,who booked early saver fare, might want to check their books and see if the price is lower. It has to be the same catogory cabin and same sailing. Good Luck. :D

Snoozeman July 18th, 2009 10:36 PM

Let us know. :)

GaryI July 18th, 2009 11:15 PM

Ours went down last week. I sent in the form, and three days later got an email showing the lower balance due. I check it daily.

Gary I.

CruiserBren July 18th, 2009 11:23 PM

I booked my Oct. '09 cruise in March. It's gone down 3 times and I haven't had a problem getting the price adjusted. 2 to 3 days after I fill out the form I receive an email from Carnival with the new amount due. I had booked my June '09 cruise to Canada using a TA and they had to fill out the form, somehow Carnival wouldn't adjust that cruise although both cruises were booked using "Early Saver".

funmaker July 18th, 2009 11:25 PM

I have been looking on Carnival.com website weekly for lower pricing and yesterday, I saw the Pack N Go special pricing on the Carnival Website, which looked to be about 30.00 lower that I paid with TA. But today, the Pack N Go is already gone from the website. Can I still call my TA to request that form for onboard credit. I beginning to think the TA is getting tired of my calling for cheaper prices. Oh Well.

canes20 July 22nd, 2009 09:58 AM

Did you book directly with Carnival or use a TA?
Thanks

cruisingrandma2007 July 22nd, 2009 11:11 AM

What's the difference if you use a TA or go directly thru the Carnival itself.??? I understand that if a TA is used and the rates go down they loose some of there residuel. But my cruise planner said if the price goes down she will make sure I get the new rate. They want to keep the customers happy. I keep checking every day...

llb July 22nd, 2009 12:02 PM

Even if the price is gone now, you can still take advantage of the lower rate. The same thing happened to me. I know the TA commission is lowered everytime you lower the price of the cruise, but oh well. It's your money and it's good business for him/her to help ya out. So I would contact your TA with the details about the lower price and have him/her submit that form. That $30 could pay for the Supper Club!!!

katlady July 23rd, 2009 10:04 AM

I booked with cruise points so I had to use a TA. Anyway I send the form in and the reply was that I needed to go through the TA. So I called the TA to submit the form. It's still at the same price so hopefully I hear back soon.

CruiserBren July 23rd, 2009 12:18 PM

I had used an online TA for the June Triumph cruise. In order for them to fill out the form, they charged $30, since it was a change to the booking. Just be aware of small print! LOL

llb July 23rd, 2009 01:21 PM

Katlady,

I had the exact same situation; has to go thru TA if that was how the reservation was made. Took 4 days but I did eventually get the discount. When there's a problem, you usually get an email right away (within 24hrs.) When they are actually processing it, if you don't hear back right away, that usually means you're good to go and the confirmation will come a couple days later.

Luanne Russo July 23rd, 2009 03:31 PM

We did this on our b2b in Dec. I had booked six months in advance. We ended up with over one thousand in cruise credit.

It really works, but you must watch carefully.

Luanne

Ro July 24th, 2009 11:57 PM

It worked great for us. We had a suite on the Inspiration. Just came back on July 4, 09. We ended up with six separate discounts each a and a hundred dollars on board credit each. The cruise ended costing us what an outside cabin did years ago on the same ship and five days cruise instead of four days. It was well worth working the discounts. but it did take some time doing the discounts and finding them.

cruisingrandma2007 July 25th, 2009 10:02 AM

I am glad someone is getting a good price reduction. Because our cruise keeps going up instead of down. I am watching to see the numers fall and low and behold they are going up. Just my luck. Happy cruising

Trip July 25th, 2009 10:08 PM

I paid in full for our Oct. Liberty cruise Monday...price went down next day ..Carnival would not give us an obc...they bumped us up a deck...no amount of arguing form our ta, would change their mind:(

katlady July 30th, 2009 10:01 AM

I got my early saver credit, my TA just forwared the e-mail from carnival. :D Trip did you book early saver? Because my cruise is paid in full, but I still got the OBC with booking the early saver.

sgtmomret August 15th, 2009 06:41 PM

cruise price reduced

:roll: Ok whats this form you have to fill out and where do I get one. I booked our Oct 09 cruise last Spring 08 and made finally payment on it in early Jul. Booked; like I do all my cruises through Carnival, and never heard back that my cruise price was reduced. Like they say; better in my pocket than theirs. LOL

Also this will be number 10; heard that you get special stuff ie. vip embarkation, laundry. Or is it on number 11.

katlady August 15th, 2009 07:29 PM

Re: cruise price reduced

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtmomret
:roll: Ok whats this form you have to fill out and where do I get one. I booked our Oct 09 cruise last Spring 08 and made finally payment on it in early Jul. Booked; like I do all my cruises through Carnival, and never heard back that my cruise price was reduced. Like they say; better in my pocket than theirs. LOL

Also this will be number 10; heard that you get special stuff ie. vip embarkation, laundry. Or is it on number 11.

You have to have booked an early saver fare to use it. If you booked with a travel agent then the Travel agent would need to put in the request. If you booked on your own. You can send the form. This link descibes the program and has a link to the claim form. http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/

MasterC August 15th, 2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisingrandma2007
I am glad someone is getting a good price reduction. Because our cruise keeps going up instead of down. I am watching to see the numers fall and low and behold they are going up. Just my luck. Happy cruising

My cruise prices are also still going up.....So much for September being a slow travel time..... :roll: