CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Bringing sodas onboard? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/366423-bringing-sodas-onboard.html)

jserv July 23rd, 2009 01:01 PM

Bringing sodas onboard?

I saw that we can bring a small cooler on board and the bottle of wine a piece, but can we bring some sodas on board? Traveling two weeks on the Carnival Inspiration.

Thanks,
Jserv

katlady July 23rd, 2009 02:28 PM

Yes, sodas are allowed, no beer. We do it all every time we cruise. :D

green_rd July 23rd, 2009 03:17 PM

The small cooler comments in the Carnival FAQ are for non-alcoholic beverages. The wine you can pack in your suitcase or carry-on (if you are not flying in).

Quote:

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However for purposes of housing small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liq...on_Policy.aspx

Luanne Russo July 23rd, 2009 03:28 PM

We go by the store on the way to the port, and get a case (one of those long boxes) and walk on the ship with it. Perfectly legal.

This is great if you do not prefer coke products, which is all that are sold on Carnival ships.

jserv July 23rd, 2009 06:06 PM

Thanks a bunch, Luanne! We hate Coke products! We'll bring our handy 12 pk like you said and skip the cooler. We don't really need a cooler, just wanted to make sure I had my Diet Pepsi and Dr. Peppers! Love em!

Thanks a bunch!

Luanne Russo July 23rd, 2009 06:10 PM

Your very welcome. For fun, count the number of people who see your Dr. Pepper, and want to know where you got it. LOL

jserv July 23rd, 2009 06:12 PM

Luanne! That's a hoot! I'll bet you are right! Too funny. I'm so grateful you mentioned that cause if I would have gotten on board and heard "Coke" I would have been so disappointed. Diet Pepsi for meals and a Dr. Pepper as a treat! Big spenders, we are Huh?

Thanks again!
Jserv

Luanne Russo July 23rd, 2009 06:13 PM

I just thought of another idea, that is perfectly legal.

We take a six pack of bottle water.

That gives us one each with a spare, or two. The ships water is some of the best you will ever taste, so after we drink what we bring, we fill the bottles up for excursions.

We do the little bottles, so they are easy to carry.

Luanne

jserv July 23rd, 2009 06:16 PM

Oh yeah! You are right! My hubby is the water drinker so he'll be glad. Thanks so much for all your help. We are "newbies" at this but am really excited.

Jserv

Luanne Russo July 23rd, 2009 06:18 PM

Your welcome. Remember we were all Newbie's at one time. I love answering questions.

Luanne

ferrangi July 23rd, 2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jserv
Oh yeah! You are right! My hubby is the water drinker so he'll be glad. Thanks so much for all your help. We are "newbies" at this but am really excited.

Jserv

Welcome to cruisemates.... :wink:

green_rd July 24th, 2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Thanks a bunch, Luanne! We hate Coke products! We'll bring our handy 12 pk like you said and skip the cooler. We don't really need a cooler, just wanted to make sure I had my Diet Pepsi and Dr. Peppers! Love em!

Thanks a bunch!

Your room steward will keep the ice bucket full in your room. I made if half way through my first cruise before I realized this.

MTSFP July 24th, 2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd
Quote:

Thanks a bunch!

Your room steward will keep the ice bucket full in your room. I made if half way through my first cruise before I realized this.

They will go beyond the ice bucket if you request it.

While on our Transatlantic cruise, I needed ice for my back. Our room steward, for the entire cruise, kept a large plastic bucket full in our room twice a day for me.

Needless to say, he got more than just what was put on our Sign & Sail card when it came time to disembark. He got a nice extra amount of cash and my eternal gratitude for making the cruise bearable.

lhp July 24th, 2009 07:14 PM

Just a heads up....sometimes Port Security will open the "case" (or in our case....our Pilot bag) up to make sure it isn't beer.... not to worry!!!

senoj84 August 4th, 2009 06:48 PM

Yes, I do it every year because I love Pepsi (Carnival serves coke) I buy 12 pack of can sodas and put them in ziploc bags in my checked luggage that way if they burst it will burst in the ziploc bag and not mess up my clothes. Even after flying I have never had any problems with the cans bursting.

pez_girl June 14th, 2010 11:10 AM

Thanks for the tips! DH and I are going on our 1st cruise in Oct. I didn't realize you could bring some drinks with you....guess I gotta do some more research before then!

glenda55 June 14th, 2010 11:20 AM

I thought you could bring beer onboard your carry on at embarkation..If not how do I get it aboard if I can.

BobMiller June 14th, 2010 12:52 PM

We often carry on a few plastic bottles of Dr Pepper but I still ask for Dr Pepper even when I know it isnt available, hoping that someday enough requests will lead to more places selling it.

My question though is, why do half of the serving people respond with No, but we have Root Beer. :confused: I have never met anyone that thinks Dr. Pepper tastes like Root Beer. Why is that considered a universal substitute? I get that same response all across the country and now also on Carnival ships. I dont understand. :???:

Cruznut2 June 14th, 2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMiller (Post 1297507)
We often carry on a few plastic bottles of Dr Pepper but I still ask for Dr Pepper even when I know it isnt available, hoping that someday enough requests will lead to more places selling it.

My question though is, why do half of the serving people respond with No, but we have Root Beer. :confused: I have never met anyone that thinks Dr. Pepper tastes like Root Beer. Why is that considered a universal substitute? I get that same response all across the country and now also on Carnival ships. I dont understand. :???:

The same thing happens to me all the time. I ask for ginger ale and I get the response. "No but we have Sprite" not even close! This drives me crazy because Sprite and Ginger ale are 2 different things.

Laura