Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Parasailing in Cozumel

Does anyone know what beach one could go to that has a nice clean beach with food/drinks, and motorized watersports available for an additional cost? I just want to get off the boat in Cozumel and hit a nice beach for the day and try parasailing.

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Please be very cautious in who you rent motorized anything from in Mexico. They are not as well maintained as here. Both my husband and a close friend have been in accidents because of that. Hubby's was parasailing. So, go with one of the bigger outfits, preferabluy one you get some good reviews from here on cruisemates.
Marty
Old July 27th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It has been a few years, but we went to Paradise beach for the day, and you could para sail with a company that is on another beach. The people in Paradise called for them to come and get us in a boat.

I suggest Googling Paradise Beach, and asking them. The owners name is Tom.

Good Luck

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 27th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Admiral

Ditto Paradise Beach. Very clean. Food, drink, restrooms, and extra cost water toys available. Entrance is free and parasailing is available. Depending on where you dock cab fare is aprox $12/15 for the entire cab not per person.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Would you recommend either Ocho Rios or Grand Cayman to parasail then? I was planning on seven mile beach in Cayman; not sure about Ocho yet.

Old July 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Admiral

I would go with Grand Cayman myself. The others are poor countries in comparison and they simply do not spend the money on maintaining vehicles of any kind that we would here. Grand Cayman is actually very upscale, so you will probably find better quality there. The odds of an accident should be lower....no guarantees, of course! But, you will likely have a fun adventure with no problems.
Just MHO.
Marty
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Admiral

We parasailed in Coz. We were going to go to Mr. Sacho Beach were they have the beach, restaurants, bars and water sports.

However we got right off the ship and Parasailed right at the pier. It was $60. per person and and I did feel comfortable and secure with the people handling it. Coz had the best prices over Jamaica and Grand Cayman. But then again most excursions I priced out were cheaper in Coz then elsewhere.

Enjoy your cruise!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Does Paradise beach have motorized toys? What place is better Mr Sanchos or Paradise beach?

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl
Does Paradise beach have motorized toys? What place is better Mr Sanchos or Paradise beach?
Both Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos has motozied toys.

We used to go to Mr. Sanchos all the time until Paradise Beach opened up.

Having been to Cozumel as many as 5 times a year in the past 10+ years...we have tried many of the beach resorts there.

Paradise Beach is our favorite because the beach is larger and kept very clean. CLEAN restrooms, changing rooms.

Both Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos are considered a "free beach resort". They do not charge an entrance fee. They do not charge for their lounge chairs etc. They both expect someone to eat/drink while they are there.

Paradise Beach as the more comfortable beach chairs. Mr. Sanchos has a very small pool (about the size of a jacuzzi). Paradise Beach has an OPTIONAL wristband where you can snorkel, kayak and the most land and water non-motorized toys around....all for $10. But again this is optional. Our 2 older sons always get them....hubby and I do not (we are shade people).

Hurricane Wilma caused Mr. Sanchos to lose a lot of sand right below the waterline. Paradise Beach did not lose any. I always have the boys wear water shoes....but the northern entry into the water at Paradise Beach does not require them.

Paradise Beach also offers free internet at the bar.

Both have safe food and drinks.

All the beach resorts are $12 - 15 one way for a taxi of up two 4 people.

Folks share taxis all the time....and that can save you money at least one way.

The Parasailing at Paradise Beach is wrenched from the back of a boat....(no beach starts or stops) which is the safest method.

Have a great time on your cruise and in Cozumel.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND