CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Lauderdale Ramada Cruiseport Hotel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/366646-lauderdale-ramada-cruiseport-hotel.html)

Trip July 31st, 2009 07:32 PM

Lauderdale Ramada Cruiseport Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Ramada Cruiseport Hotel in Lauderdale..I have a courtesy hold on this mainly due to the low shuttle rates to Miami...how was cleanliness, transportation, etc.... Not happy with the area, but......

Mike M July 31st, 2009 10:44 PM

Re: Lauderdale Ramada Cruiseport Hotel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip
Has anyone stayed at the Ramada Cruiseport Hotel in Lauderdale..I have a courtesy hold on this mainly due to the low shuttle rates to Miami...how was cleanliness, transportation, etc.... Not happy with the area, but......

Trip:

I have no idea if it is the same hotel but we had a "very short" stay at the Ramada near the airport. We walked in and the lobby area was ok. We then weaved our way through courtyards until we found our room. We walked in and within two minutes my wife said: "I don't even want to take my shoes off, let alone stay here." We went back to the front desk and told them that the room was dirty and we weren't going to be staying. It didn't seem to phase the desk clerk. We grabbed a cab and paid rack rate at the Embassy Suites. We might have paid 2.5 times as much but at least it was a decent place.

This was in 2004 so things may have changed since then and it may not even be the same hotel.

Take care,
Mike

llb July 31st, 2009 11:54 PM

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=...ort+lauderdale

Hi Trip,

Check out this link-Trip Advisor reviews. Doesn't seem that great based on the first few but you can read on and see what you think (scroll down a bit to see the beginning of the reviews)

FYI-I'm flying into FLL for my MIA cruise as well and booked the Sleep Inn FLL. It's like $55/night, free transport to and from airport, and SAS Transportation will pick us up there in the morning and drive us to MIA port for $15 pp. I thought overall, a good deal. There's a Publix across the street, a Dollar Store, and few small restaraunts.

Trip August 1st, 2009 08:33 AM

I just checked Trip Advisor, and, looks like I will be taking Hotwire's offer of getting a 4 star hotel for a 2 star price.....Mike, squishy rugs were mentioned..oy, and while, some people did like it, I am going with the thought, I will hate it....thanks kids.

cruisermeg August 1st, 2009 05:10 PM

Trip: Ramadas (and Worst-OOPS-best westerns) on this part of the world can be really lousy!

Trip August 1st, 2009 09:54 PM

I was looking for a deal, especially with the shuttle...You think Ramada,and how bad can it be, but, it sounds ewwww:( I think what I will do is just drop the car off in Miami, and take the rental shuttle over to the port.. For the diff, I can stay at Pier 66 for 99 bucks and be happy, or others right in that area,which is my fave...

cruisermeg August 2nd, 2009 05:06 PM

Trip..you're staying in lauderdale and cruising from Miami??? I am confused (not that it's anything new! :oops: LOL )

Oh..now that i re-read your last post, you'll have a car and drive down...i think i get it now....

i would do the hyatt and be happy!

Trip August 2nd, 2009 07:06 PM

Meg, yep...Lauderdale is my most favorite place, and we precruise for 2 days.. I know where I am going, where to eat, and have friends close by...The Festivale, in Pompano is a shoppers dream, and, I need my fix, it's been a while...Catfish Deweys has a shrimp platter with my name on it:) If I drop the car in Miami, I will only have to take the more expensive shuttle back to Lauderdale for thr trip home..Ramada's was a steal, but, the hotel sounds like a pass:)

travelgalSue August 2nd, 2009 08:14 PM

Trip that is where my group stayed in 2008 before our Costa Cruise. It was not a 4 star but we found it to be clean and the staff was very nice. I would stay there again when in Ft. Laud. You are right about it being in an area with not much to do but since we were only there 1 night it was fine. Food in the resturant was great and the breakfast on cruise morning (which was included in our price) was one of the best we'd had at a hotel. I know that there was one section of the hotel that was still being remolded from the hurricane so it should be done by now. This is just my 2cents worth.

Sue