Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
Captain

Default Canopy tour (zipline ) Ocho Rios

I have a couple questions if anyone can answer them please?

We have heard this is a great tour.....but is it a couple hours ways from the ship? Not real crazy about the way the Jamaician hills are their driving is VERY scary to say the least.....the area is beautiful if you can stay with your eyes looking out the window while you go round and round up the hills.
And was it combined with another tour like tubing or anything?

I imagine we will book it thru the Carnival Liberty .... but would like to hear about it first.
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Beginner

my sons, 13 and 17, and I did the canopy tour this past June. It's about a 45 minute drive from the ship in an air conditioned bus. Highway most of the way, the last part up the mountain was a little narrow, but not dangerous. Our driver was very entertaining. The ziplines were a blast. The guides were very professional and very good at hooking up the harnesses quickly, very little standing around. It was not with another activity though there is about 30 min. of hiking involved. Very nice scenery with lots of shade. Before going back to the ship you stop for lunch and cold Red Stripes at the Farm. We enjoyed it very much and still had plenty of time to wander the shops.
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Captain

thanks..........did you do the tour thru the ship or on your own?
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Beginner

We booked it through Carnival because we didn't know we were going to do it until we got on the ship. It's probably cheaper through the company but I can't remember the name. Might be Zuma.
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've done it once too, but coming from Montego
Bay, still a good 45 to an hour ride. Also booked through the cruiseline. The excursion is well worth it, lots of fun. They also have river rafting right there too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

i just did a zipline tour through ochoriostours.com. didn't book through the ship and think i probably got a better deal.

it was fabulous~one of the coolest things i have ever experienced. if you are willing, do not miss out on it whether you book on your own or through the ship.

it wasn't too far away and our drivers were great. hope you have a good time
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Captain

thank you..........sounds like alot of fun.