Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Caseyfl1377
Default Collection of Return Guests Pins

Hey im just wondering if anyone has returning guests carnival pins they dont want any longer? If so i would love to pay shipping to get them to me. I am growing my collection of carnival items and love these pins. Shipping in a normal envelope costs $.64 generally a little more than a stamp at USPS. Let me know and ill get with you either on paypal or another way to ship it to me. THANKS EVERYONE..
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Caseyfl1377
Default Will Pay Shipping

Will pay the shipping on any of these pins.. Also cool if you have the card carnival left you with it..
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:42 PM
First Mate

Will you be turning around and selling these otherwise FREE pins on Ebay for an incredible profit?

Old August 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM
First Mate

According to John Heald's blog, they are supposed to resume giving them to Platinum cruisers only and also selling them in every ship's gift shop.

So you could just wait and get someone sailing on each ship to pick one up for you.

Bill
Sept. 18, 2010 -
Sept. 19, 2009 -
Inspiration - Jan. 10, 2010- Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Freedom - February 8th, 2009 - Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios Jamaica
Glory - September 8th, 2007 - Key West, Cozumel, Progresso, Nassau
Sensation - Freepor-Nassau
Jan. 28th, 2007 -
Sept. 10th, 2006 -
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Familiar Face

Just got back from Conquest yesterday. They still had the pin for all gold and platinum guests. They gave it out the next to last night along with invitation to past guests reception.

We spotted the pin on the cabin steward's cart as we were heading out to dinner. However, when we got back after dinner, none was in our room and neither was invitation considering this is our 3rd Carnival cruise. I assumed that they had limited these to platinum members. We found out the next day that the gold members at our dinner table got the pin and reception. We enquired with the cabin steward and he said 7 of the cabins in his area were gold members but the management staff didn't give him anything to give to us. He then went to get the pins for us and suggested that we complain with Guest Services Desk. We did, and got a weak apology along with 1 free drink coupon for each person.

So at least on our Aug 16-23rd cruise, all gold and platinum still got pins. I also didn't see that same pin in any of the gift shops.
Carnival Fantasy Aug 2008
Carnival Esctacy Aug 2007
Celebrity Century Jan 1999
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_hdt
Just got back from Conquest yesterday. They still had the pin for all gold and platinum guests. They gave it out the next to last night along with invitation to past guests reception.

We spotted the pin on the cabin steward's cart as we were heading out to dinner. However, when we got back after dinner, none was in our room and neither was invitation considering this is our 3rd Carnival cruise. I assumed that they had limited these to platinum members. We found out the next day that the gold members at our dinner table got the pin and reception. We enquired with the cabin steward and he said 7 of the cabins in his area were gold members but the management staff didn't give him anything to give to us. He then went to get the pins for us and suggested that we complain with Guest Services Desk. We did, and got a weak apology along with 1 free drink coupon for each person.

So at least on our Aug 16-23rd cruise, all gold and platinum still got pins. I also didn't see that same pin in any of the gift shops.
There is no exact science to this though I think. Because last year I was on the Legend and I did not get a pin, but I had already gotten one in 2003. I have been Platinum for a while now so who knows. I will be on the Valor in a month, so I should get one then no matter what the rules are.