Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to T C Send a message via AIM to T C
Default The Birthday Cruise is Over

We have made it home safe and sound from the Annual 39th Birthday cruise to Cozumel.

What originally started out as a birthday cruise for me and my friend Kathy, turned into a 6 person party by the time we sailed. The plan was to have a good time onboard, and to take the Cozumel Party Bus tour. I am happy to say that all went according to plan!

The Fantasy is convenient for me and my girlfriends since it sails from our home port of New Orleans. This was probably the smoothest sailing I've ever been on. Several people onboard commented on how little motion we felt. Disembarkation on the other hand was a nightmare! We didn't get off the ship until about 10 a.m. even at that there weere still very long lines of people loosing there patience and being less than friendly.

The Bar Hop was a LOT of fun, It ended up only bieng 4 of us because Nanette and Susan decided they wanted to snorkle instead. I don't know if it was because we were such a small group, or if it is their normal way of operating, but they catered to us and made the entire tour wonderful! We stopped at their ususally stops, Punta Morena, Coconuts, our guide Greg told us about a beach that not many visitors know about, of course he took us there. It is a beautiful place, and there was a little bar right across the road that made it even more welcome! Then on to the Rasta bar where we had lunch and more adult beverage They gave us a drink they called a green lizard at this stop .... it was good! There was also another unscheduled stop that Greg made for us, he called it the natural bridge. It is a beautiful rock formation just off shore on the other side, I also have nice pictures of the "cliff" at Coconuts that I will post as soon as I finish sorting through them all. After that it was on to Paradise Beach, back on the touristy side of the island. An interesting drink called Windex, Greg just poured this straight out of the bottle into your mouth. From there we went to Margaritaville ... and as they say the rest is history! It was my birthday, and I intended to have a good time! Most of the pictures prove that I did indeed have a good time. You must trust your friends completely, because I really do not remember the taxi ride back to the ship, or even getting back onboard. I would also suggest staying away from the Clown with the balloons at Margaritaville, or at least hide everyones cameras.

Tom was unable to make the tour with us, but later met with us at Margaritaville, he is going to work up a customized tour for us in January, the details are still being worked out. It really was a wonderful tour, it can be as much of a party as you want it to be, or just a great way to see the other side of the island without having to drive yourself around.
TC

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Welcoem back, sounds like your cruise was a hit!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 19th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Admiral

TC
Welcome home!! Glad to hear the Party Bus will be a good choice for us in January. Sounds like it was a "Happy Birthday". Pictures Please!!! 8)
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Yes pictures please----
Glad to hear that you made it back to the ship save and sound----well I dont know about the sound part but is sounds good---hahaha

Cheers
April