Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Captain

Default Dining Room Seating

My experience in requesting certain sized tables is you cant ask for anything when you make your reservation. All you can do is request the time of your seating and hope for the best. Is there any other way of getting a large table or table for two if you want? I know you can stand in line at one of the dining rooms and request specific changes with the Maitre D on embarkation day but is there any other options ahead of time? Carnival told me there is nothing I can do until I board the ship. They wont even take a request? Why not? Why cant you tell them your preferred time either early or late and the table size? Is it that difficult? Half the time you dont get what you want anyway!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Requesting table size, you're out of luck...the only way you can request this is once you are on board the ship and hot foot it over to the dining room where the Maitre d' is holding court.

Before I reached Platinum status on Carnival which guarantees me dining time, I requested early dining because I was being treated for severe stomach/intestinal problems by my physician and on prescription medication. If I didn't eat early, I couldn't eat at all. My TA always processed the request and I was always assigned early dining.
Old August 25th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

On my cruises, I have told my preference of a large table to the travel agent. I have ended up at large tables....Check out the table when you board, and see if you your request was answered, if not, speak to the maitre'd....good luck....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator