Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Passenger

Default Formal Nights on the Triumph

Hi Everybody: Some friends and I are sailing on the Triumph to the Bahamas during the week of Thanksgiving and we're wondering when are formal nights. When we sailed for a week on the Conquest, we had two formal nights and now we're wondering if the Triumph is the same. Also, we're thinking of going to Atlantis and we're wondering if the excursion through the ship is the route to go. We've been on Carnival excursions and have also done the beaches on our own, so we're open to suggestions. If anyone has a suggestion or an answer about formal night(s), let me know. This is my fourth cruise and my BFF (we've been best friends since 7th grade - 1974) will be celebrating her birthday on her fifth cruise. Don't tell anyone, but she'll be hitting the big 50 We've gathered more cruisers to go with us and we've all decided that cruising is the way to go. Bye Bye
Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

On seven day cruises, almost universally (with rare exception) formal nights are second and second last day of the cruise.

Carnival now calls "Formal nights" , Elegant night.... and the rules are fairly relaxed as to what's acceptable attire.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Next weekend I leave on the Triumph and I don't care if they do relax the dress codes. I'm taking the black suit & bow-tie.
it's STILL formal night in my book. 8)

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
Next weekend I leave on the Triumph and I don't care if they do relax the dress codes. I'm taking the black suit & bow-tie.

I totally agree i look forward to the formal nights. it so out of my norm ! i wear t- shirtsa nd shorts and my nurses scrubs ! we plan on sailing on the triumph in December but on the 5 night cruise ( money cut backs b/c i really want to go for 7 days ) ive been on the conquest twice. please tell me how you liked the triumph !

Carnival Conquest 9 / 2003

Carnival Conquest 12/9/2007

Carnival Triumph 12/7/2009
Old September 4th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkita77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth

I totally agree i look forward to the formal nights. it so out of my norm ! i wear t- shirtsa nd shorts and my nurses scrubs ! we plan on sailing on the triumph in December but on the 5 night cruise ( money cut backs b/c i really want to go for 7 days ) ive been on the conquest twice. please tell me how you liked the triumph !
i sure will give feedback upon my return.
Dressing down is my norm as well. Formal night is an excuse to look nice.

/ticker.png">
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to pennyhunt

The Triumph is a great ship! I sailed on it in October 2006 - my first cruise. I thought the food and entertainment were wonderful. I am sailing on it again Dec. 7 out of New Orleans and even booked the same balcony cabin. Anyone else on this cruise?

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean October 2006
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Last week I was on the Triumph and we did have two "elegant" evenings. One was Tuesday day 3 ( day two was a late port time) and second was Thursday.
Most who ate in the London & Paris dining rooms made an effort to look dressed up. Gents need not purchase a tux.....sport coat & tie will be fine.
The shows were super in my book. The ship is lovely. The staff friendly. 8)

/ticker.png">
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Admiral

I would research the cost of doing Atlantis on your own. WHen we got off the ship in Nassau, there were vendors selling tickets and water taxis and regular cabs, etc. right there. Seems to me like it was cheaper than the cruise price. Just make sure you get back to the ship on time. We did not go to Atlantis, as Nassau was a last minute replacement for another port and we decided to just wander around a bit.
ALso, the 5 day cruise we did last May only had one formal night. You might want to call Carnival and ask specifically about yours.
Have fun!
Marty