CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Do you SCRAPBOOK your cruise Adventure? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/367664-do-you-scrapbook-your-cruise-adventure.html)

huffca September 3rd, 2009 08:47 PM

Do you SCRAPBOOK your cruise Adventure?

I take so many pictures on a cruise.... especially with digital. And I'm excited because I'm taking my computer this trip. I'm going to Create a Creative Memories Story Book during the cruise. Then I'm going to upload it when I get home and have it printed. Creative Memories Photo Center is so fast. The last one I made took only 4 days to arrive in my mail box. I love digital scrapbooking. Then when I get home I'll start a traditional scrapbook. It will be complete with momentos like tickets and stuff. If you are interested *edited for commercial content* they just came out with some great new products. And one of the new products is Travel. Any other scrapbookers out there?

Floridanamaw September 4th, 2009 04:29 PM

I scrapbook everything..........I have about 5 or 6 regular ones then one HUGE one, the 3 ring binder type, that I put 4 of our camping trips in. I enjoy doing it and have the cricut, the software, plus all sorts of other things. It's expensive!!

huffca September 4th, 2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridanamaw
I scrapbook everything..........I have about 5 or 6 regular ones then one HUGE one, the 3 ring binder type, that I put 4 of our camping trips in. I enjoy doing it and have the cricut, the software, plus all sorts of other things. It's expensive!!

Oh I just got a Cricut..Only have 2 cartriges. I think I'm hooked though.

Floridanamaw September 5th, 2009 09:53 AM

The software for the cricut is aweson. You can do so much more than with the cricut. The software is not that much. I've bought 2 software packages, one for me and one for my daughter, both off of ebay for less than 35.00. You can get good prices for the cartridges on ebay also. Sometimes Cricut has sales that are pretty good. I have about 7 cartridges now and one christmas one on the way to make christmas cards this year. We'll see how that turns out!!

huffca September 5th, 2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridanamaw
The software for the cricut is aweson. You can do so much more than with the cricut. The software is not that much. I've bought 2 software packages, one for me and one for my daughter, both off of ebay for less than 35.00. You can get good prices for the cartridges on ebay also. Sometimes Cricut has sales that are pretty good. I have about 7 cartridges now and one christmas one on the way to make christmas cards this year. We'll see how that turns out!!

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out ebay.

wakedreams September 5th, 2009 03:59 PM

I love scrapbooking....

The first scrapbook i ever made was from a trip to Central America.
I drew pictures, colored them, and cut them out...and taped them to the pages... I cut out little "journal" scraps and wrote on them and put them in my scrapbook. Funny....I should have marketed the idea...I would be a millionaire. It was 1988.

Oh well...
LOL

travelgalSue September 5th, 2009 07:45 PM

I don't do scrapbooks but when I return I make a dvd of all our pictures using my movie maker software. I can add sayings, and lots of other things. We enjoy pulling them out and watching how much fun we had on our cruises. This is especially fun on evenings when it is cold and snowy outside, watching the caribbean seems to warm you up.

Floridanamaw September 5th, 2009 09:13 PM

I've done that also. I have quiet a few dvd's that I have put together of different vacations. It's fun to do.

Michelle1959 September 6th, 2009 09:41 AM

I take my favorite photos of the cruise (or whatever the event) and make a movie using windows movie maker and select an appropriate song for it, such as Holiday for our 2007 Sensation cruise. Then I burn that movie to a cd and send it out.

I just did a girlfriend getaway with a friend from college for a weekend and I'm going to put togehter one that has a 'friend" appropriate song.

I will also upload that to facebook to share with everyone.

I also have an app I bought any years agao called Flip Album, which allows you go dump a load of photos into an online photo album that you can also burn to a cd and whoever opens it, can click on each photo to slip through to the next one, or you ican set it to be an automatic slideshow, and you can also have music for it nd pick a photo to be the album cover.