Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Passenger

Default transportation from orlando airport to port canaveral

We will be sailing with a fairly large group and want to know what is the most reliable and least expensive way to transport our group to the ship from the airport
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Passenger

Hi, when we sailed out of Orlando we used Super Shuttle and did the
Shared ride, about $17 per person they used a van. It was the least
expensive way we found. They have a web site check them out.
I know some rent cars but for a large group may not be a good idea.
Have a great cruise.
Old September 6th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Admiral

I don't see Orlando listed as an airport for Supershuttle?

We have a one way rental car arranged, but if shuttles are available, I'd be curious.

I was starting to look around.

For a "large" group, probably a charter of some sort.

Maybe here?

http://www.mearstransportation.com/ShuttleServices.htm
Old September 6th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisingrandma2007

We were a group of 13 last trip last April and we used the cArnival shuttle. Cant remember for sure how much it was but thinking it was like $26 thats for round trip. But check. It may be worth it. Also the busses are there waiting for you when you come off the ship to take you to the airport. very convenient. We did a private one once. had it all set up and he never showed up. So we stood out in the sun trying to set up a new shuttle back.
Old September 6th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Just checked Carnival's site, the cost for using their transfers is $70 p/p, roundtrip.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream

Jubilee July '86
Celebration May '88
Fantasy June '90
Sovereign of the Seas May '93
Windjammer Polynesia June '06
Carnival Triumph May '07
Carnival Freedom Dec.'07
Carnival Imagination Oct.'08
Carnival Destiny Dec.'08
Carnival Liberty May '09
Carnival Freedom Nov.'09
Old September 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

This is from our article on Port Canaveral transportation options:

For transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral: The article IS a few years old, but hopefully most of the info is up to date (prices have probably changed, though)

Orlando Ride (www.Orlandoride.com, 888-311-4227) will pick up anywhere in Orlando and offers rates for vans: 1-5 persons $70 one-way, $140 round-trip; 1-7 persons, $85 one-way, $160 round-trip; 1-10 persons, $105 one-way, $200 round-trip. Limos: $125 one-way for up to 10 people and $245 round-trip.

Top One Tours offers round-trip service between Orlando International and any Disney hotel, or central Florida including Port Canaveral starting at just $80.

Mears Transportation (www.mearstransportation.com) contracts with Carnival and Disney for $15 per person one way and $30 per person round-trip, including children over 3. They begin pickups at the Orlando airport at 10 a.m. and continue until 2:30 p.m. Returns--8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

Limousines, Limo Bus, Motor Coaches, Mini Buses, Passenger Vans & Town Car for individuals, families & large. Orlando to Port Canaveral as a specialty. Also all central Florida attractions and anywhere within the state of Florida. (407) 996-7171 or (866) 214-7888. www.elite-transportation.com

Also, Alpha Omega Transportation (www.alphaomegatransportation.com, 352-243-7199) has a basic price of $20 one way, $30 round-trip.

Some of these companies will only pick up from the Orlando airport and select hotels, so it is best to inquire first.

Port Canaveral is 55 miles east of Orlando, and only 11 miles east of I-95 (Exit 77-A) via the Beeline Expressway. There are six cruise terminals, with two more on the drawing board. Parking fees are $8 per day for vehicles up to 20 feet in length and $16 per day for vehicles more than 20 feet. Credit cards are accepted. There is handicapped parking but the same fee is charged.

For additional information on Port Canaveral, visit www.portcanaveral.org or call 1-877-FUN-PORT and ask for a "Twice the Fun" package.

Old September 6th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Slight update on parking fees, at least at the garage for the Carnival cruises at Port Canaveral. We just did "Glory", and the parking has gone up to $15 per day for a car. It is in a large garage, (or open parking even closer to the ship). Very convenient, but I've noticed that all the ports have raised the parking rates recently.

Ken
"SKY"
Old September 6th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Passenger

You were right it wasn't super shuttle in orlando it was
mear tranportation, super shuttle was miami. Sorry
However they were affordable and on time.
Old September 7th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Passenger

Thank you so much, everyone, for your answers. I will check it all out.