Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Passenger

Default soft drink cards

We are taking our first cruise leaving October 24th. We are curious about the pre-paid soft drink cards. Does any one know if these are just for sodas or can you get juice and "virgin" drinks with them as well? Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

they call them "fountain fun" cards and they read soda and juices. Mine last year was arount $58 for 8 day cruise. I think I figured that to be 7 sodas/juices a day to break even. So use that to figure if it's worth your while. Will tell you that I pre-ordered one through the bon voyage department last year and it was a fiasco getting the card once on board. This year I'll wait until employees are selling them because they're all over the ship trying to sell the cards. I never tried to get a non-alcoholic drink with this card and would venture a guess that they wouldn't honor the card for one. You may also want to consider purchasing a few six packs of soda while in any port and taking back on as well if you will only have a few sodas a day. Hope this helps
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have never bought these soda cards. With all the free juice available onboard, I see no reason why I should cough up more money for soda. On my last cruise on the Sensation, I stuck to the lemonade in the diningroom and with juice on the Lido deck.
Old September 27th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Thank you for the info and advice. We were thinking of one of these cards for our teenage daughter, but she would probably prefer juice anyway.
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to punk

Tea is also free on the ship. We have never purchased a card - we drink the free tea, juice and water on board and just buy a soda when we were in port.... HOWEVER, I will say I had the hardest time finding Mt Dew in ports on our Western Caribbean cruise a few years ago - Coke products everywhere but had a hard time finding Pepsi products...
October 2006 Carnival Miracle
October 2009 Carnival Legend
[/
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Soda and Juice. I am personally purchasing one since on an average day I go through about 3 sodas an hour(yeah, I know, not very healthy), but I will definitely go for juices as well. Shame they don't have an unlimited drink(21+ only drinks) card.........Would be so nice to have all the fruity tropical drinks you wanted without paying a fortune.
Old September 27th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacewoman
they call them "fountain fun" cards and they read soda and juices. Mine last year was arount $58 for 8 day cruise. I think I figured that to be 7 sodas/juices a day to break even. So use that to figure if it's worth your while. Will tell you that I pre-ordered one through the bon voyage department last year and it was a fiasco getting the card once on board. This year I'll wait until employees are selling them because they're all over the ship trying to sell the cards. I never tried to get a non-alcoholic drink with this card and would venture a guess that they wouldn't honor the card for one. You may also want to consider purchasing a few six packs of soda while in any port and taking back on as well if you will only have a few sodas a day. Hope this helps
sodas are about $2.00 each so 7 sodas a day would be $14 a day, times 8 days is about $112.

Only need to drink about 4 a day to break even.

My wife gets the card and some days drinks more, some less, but she likes the convenience of just flashing the card and getting her soda without having to sign receipts.

I have read people say that the bartenders ignored them with the card but my wife has never had a problem.

Bill
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Beginner

Soft drinks only I believe, juice is free.
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to punk

Yes, Juice is free.
The juice that is included with the card is the Fruit Punch Juice that most ppl use to mix with Rum
October 2006 Carnival Miracle
October 2009 Carnival Legend
[/
Old September 29th, 2009, 07:08 AM
First Mate

The one problem I noticed with the card was the bartenders... If a "gun" is available they will fill a glass with soda (usually a short glass/plastic) and ice and hand it to you. Sometimes it is ALMOST a mouthful... lol - other times they will open a can (diet coke), fill a glass and hand you the glass... if you get lucky you get the best bartender and he fills a glass with ice, opens a can and hands it to you. A CASH tip helps a lot.

I have found that a case of favorite beverage in a separate suitcase is the best bet. You can buy a new rolling suitcase, 2 cases of soda, water and some beer for the cost of a 7 day card.
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Passenger

Default Drink CardsYou ca

You can only get Soft Drinks , you can get juice in the lido deck all day long. if you like soft drinks i would get a card we have on our 2 previous cruises. because if you eat in the main dinning room they only give unsweet tea and water as your drink choice.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Conquest 9 / 2003

Carnival Conquest 12/9/2007

Carnival Triumph 12/7/2009
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Soft drink cards do work in the dining room. My 2 kids used them on the Liberty on our past cruise. Rhodora, our beverage server had drinks ready for them every night after the 1st night. And she gave the cans and extra ice!!! Lovely gal with a beautiful smile, she's supposed to be on the Splendor now.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream

Jubilee July '86
Celebration May '88
Fantasy June '90
Sovereign of the Seas May '93
Windjammer Polynesia June '06
Carnival Triumph May '07
Carnival Freedom Dec.'07
Carnival Imagination Oct.'08
Carnival Destiny Dec.'08
Carnival Liberty May '09
Carnival Freedom Nov.'09
Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrickb503
Soft drinks only I believe, juice is free.
Juice, coffee, tea, milk, are all free IN THE LIDO BUFFET AND DINING ROOM.
But ordered at a bar, they are charged.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Captain

I've cruised with friends that NEED to have their soda. I'm a Ice Tea and Bottle Water drinker. I can get all of the Ice Tea I want. I bring watter tottle filters for filtering the ships water. And use it on the bottle to refil after that first one. They charge too much for bottled water. I've also checked in a case of bottled water. But the friends who really need their Pop really enjoy having the card and it was worth it for them.

Hugs,
Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose