Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrangi
Katlady,
The only thing I see wrong with your statement is thinking most people will not get there until 1pm.... trust me everyone has the same idea... like I said before it's a hit and miss.
If I had to suggest something, I would try for early check in on the QM.
I know one of my co workers always gets to the port later like 3PM or so he says there are less crowds. But I want on the ship as soon as possible.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Captain

Got an automated call from Carnival today telling me boarding begins at 2p so dont get there early. Im sure that wont stop people from getting there at noon or whatever but they dont want the overcrowding I guess. I am driving to LA in the morning and sailing Sunday. Talk to you all when i get back. I am going cruising!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy
Got an automated call from Carnival today telling me boarding begins at 2p so dont get there early. Im sure that wont stop people from getting there at noon or whatever but they dont want the overcrowding I guess. I am driving to LA in the morning and sailing Sunday. Talk to you all when i get back. I am going cruising!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!
I also received the "Dont get to the ship early" from Carnival. I called them and asked if they had Queen Mary Early check in, but the rep didnt know. It doesnt matter we plan on getting to Long Beach around 11:30. Hope our cruise is great briguy and I am getting excited.
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmaker
Quote:
I also received the "Dont get to the ship early" from Carnival. I called them and asked if they had Queen Mary Early check in, but the rep didnt know. It doesnt matter we plan on getting to Long Beach around 11:30. Hope our cruise is great briguy and I am getting excited.
See you on board funmaker. I'll be the one with a gal at my side and a drink in my hand. Wait... that could be a lot of people!!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by funmaker
Quote:
See you on board funmaker. I'll be the one with a gal at my side and a drink in my hand. Wait... that could be a lot of people!!
Same here but with my beautiful blond (just dyed blond) daughter. Maybe we will get lucky and run into each other. Anyway, bon voyage happy sailings!!!
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Admiral

I am glad you had fun. What a great ship! It is my newest favorite of Carnival's.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
I am glad you had fun. What a great ship! It is my newest favorite of Carnival's.
Hi Mehawk. The 3rd annual football pool is up on the jokes board. You should pop in and make so picks.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Ferrangi, it seems your experience was different than mine!

I am also on another cruise forum and my expereince was nothing short of the royal treatment. Perhaps cuz it was my birthday and my cabin steward was the sweetest and so wonderful!

Did you have dinner in the Black (center) or Gold (back) dining room? I had the Black and Miguel was the usual wonderful Matire'd as he was last year on the Liberty...he neven remembered me...er, well he knew who I was when I walked in the dining room and he recognized me as I recognized him...he also mentioned the impression I made on Alex from the Liberty last year....

I loved the thalasso pool, but it was so damn hot in Mexico I used the turkish bath twice only. I did use the one that was right next to the Turkish bath that had the bed that looked over the bow of the ship..I stayed there for a good 2o minutes one day and just chilled out....

It was NUTS at Long Beach on embarkation. I was there to drop bags off at 10am and didn't start letting us on until noon and on the ship at 12:25pm!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
Ferrangi, it seems your experience was different than mine!

I am also on another cruise forum and my expereince was nothing short of the royal treatment. Perhaps cuz it was my birthday and my cabin steward was the sweetest and so wonderful!

Did you have dinner in the Black (center) or Gold (back) dining room? I had the Black and Miguel was the usual wonderful Matire'd as he was last year on the Liberty...he neven remembered me...er, well he knew who I was when I walked in the dining room and he recognized me as I recognized him...he also mentioned the impression I made on Alex from the Liberty last year....

I loved the thalasso pool, but it was so damn hot in Mexico I used the turkish bath twice only. I did use the one that was right next to the Turkish bath that had the bed that looked over the bow of the ship..I stayed there for a good 2o minutes one day and just chilled out....

It was NUTS at Long Beach on embarkation. I was there to drop bags off at 10am and didn't start letting us on until noon and on the ship at 12:25pm!
embarking was good for us, but getting off the ship and finding our luggage?? well that was a whole nuther story, in fact the worst part about the whole vacation was trying to find our luggage and shuffle through like a heard of cattle.....
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old September 21st, 2009, 09:54 PM
Admiral

by the way welcome back, I'm glad you had a great birthday!!!
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old September 21st, 2009, 10:31 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Heather79
Default SLENDER

I so cant wait.. the splender is the next cruise I'm going on but wondered bout the show times compared to the dinner times! The only reason I question that is cuz 1 cruise I went on was all messed up with the show times compared to dinner times so everyone was piling in the same showtime just to see it!(cant remember what ship that was tho)

Also... Note to past cruisers... ive been on 5 other ships and never knew bout the oceanview rooms at the front of the ship that are considered obstructed view! You are charged for inside room but get the oceanview Thats what im bookin on the Splender

~Heather~
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Welcome back Misguidedangel sounds like you had a great cruise and birthday. I can't wait until it's my turn.

Heather79 when are you cruising the Splendor? My cruise is May 2, 2010. Isn't the obstructed view rooms 5A? When I cruised on the Carnival Freedom the people on the roll call had a cabin crawl so I got to see a lot of different catogory rooms. My favorite was the 9A (wraparound Balcony). 9A is out of my price range so we went with a 4E. We saw a room all the way forward with a window it wasn't an 6A I think that is the 5A room . It was pretty nice, but had a strange lay out. I'm just worried that being at the front of the ship you would hear the anchor in the morning when the ship docks.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:06 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Heather79

Actually.... if you look at the ship like the captain lookin out the front! There are rooms off the very front that are ocean view but because of the some what private belcony around the front of the **** its considered obstructed... so you can access these rooms by going to category 4G rooms 6202 and so on...( you'd have to check the room layout on floor 6 for exact rooms) We're booking for Aug 29, 2009 and these rooms are going for $576! Also with the new early saver rates.... your guarenteed any special or lower rates that come available up to 2 days prior to sailing Only thing that sucks is its a non-refundable deposit!

Heather