Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisingrandma2007
Default Fort Lauderdale Hotels?

I am trying to gather my information on hotels in Fort Lauderdale. We are a group of 13 and will need 6 rooms. We are looking for a nice hotel. Not a hole in the wall. But still not wanting to spend a fortune for the one night we need the room for before our cruise. A hotel near the airport /cruise docks. We like to be able to go to our favorite restaurant for breakfast.. Dennys. Its a cruise tradition for our group. But of course we are flexible on the Dennys. hehehe But want to go to a nice dinner somewhere the night we fly in.If anyone can recommend a good place for us, I appreciate it. I have posted on the Hotels topic and get no responses. So I am coming here to see what I can fine. We cruise in April but we like to get it all booked and set early. Thanks for any help I get.
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Passenger

Wife and I stayed at the Ocean Sky Hotel on 4060 Galt Ocean Drive Browward Ave. last June. Cost was around $80. a night. Hotel was very nice with a dining area inside (somewhat pricey). There are eating places close by but I don't know if there is a Denny's. Hotel was clean and quiet with a heated swimming pool and hot tub. The Ft. Lauderdale Port is close. We would recommend this hotel. If you do stay there, ask for a room up high. We were on the 6th floor and had a great view!Good Luck!
Carnival Valor June 14, 2009 (Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize & Key West USA)
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Passenger

Try the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport on Stirling Road. It is a nice hotel, has a nice pool area, and within walking distance to a small mall area for dining and last minute purchases. I have a group staying there in November and they were very accommodating.
Old September 20th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I just got the 4 star Renaissance Hotel on Priceline for Oct for $59.00 a night, A wonderful deal.....It's in the middle of everything, and, right near the port. The closest Denny's I do believe is on Sunrise Blvd, or Federal Highway...and you would need a car...The Southport shopping area is close by with a Publix supermarket and shops and restaurants.

Also right there is Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites...you couls also call any hotel, and speak to the manager, and see if he can give you a reduced rate for your group...worth a shot in these times...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 20th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Passenger

Wow Trip, you got a great rate. Congrata That hotel is GORGEOUS!! I stayed there once for a convention.

We usually drive down to the pier the morning of the cruise, but since we have such a large group going this time, I'm going down a day in advance.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisingrandma2007

Thanks Trip.. You are always such a big help to everyone. i will be checking out the Renaissance. Thanks again.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

cruisingrandma. thanks for those nice words....If you go to the site, biddingfortravel.com....this is where you can go to check out who got what hotel, and, for what price, on Priceline..When I saw that soemone bid $59.00 for my time frame...I went ahead and bid, and got it...

I also got my car on priceline...a mid size for $18.00 per day! Soooo much lower then what Alamo had on their site for that car!

Cruizinlass, we stayed there once a few years back..and I remember how fabulous the beds were...so comfy! Its nice to be able to save some buckeroos on these things..more to spend on the cruise

If I can help with anything, just yell

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator