Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Passenger

Default Question about room placement on the Miracle

Hello all,

We are crusing on the Miracle in March 2010. This will be our first experience on this class ship. My parents booked this trip and the rooms are on the Riviera deck forward. As a matter of fact, our group of rooms start with the very first room forward by the elevator. The Mad Hatter’s lounge is directly behind the elevators according to the deck plan. Has anyone ever stayed in a cabin in this area? Is it noisy with the traffic going to and from the lounge? We aren’t night owls, nor do we hit the bed at 9 either, but once we are ready to sleep, we prefer quiet. Also, what about the motion of the ship? We have sailed 5 times previously and have had no problems whatsoever with the “rocking” but we have always been either mid ship or aft. I have heard that the further forward you are, the more you feel the movement. Can anyone testify to this? Thanks so much for any help or suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Question about room placement on the Miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjdwill
Hello all,

We are crusing on the Miracle in March 2010. This will be our first experience on this class ship. My parents booked this trip and the rooms are on the Riviera deck forward. As a matter of fact, our group of rooms start with the very first room forward by the elevator. The Mad Hatter’s lounge is directly behind the elevators according to the deck plan. Has anyone ever stayed in a cabin in this area? Is it noisy with the traffic going to and from the lounge? We aren’t night owls, nor do we hit the bed at 9 either, but once we are ready to sleep, we prefer quiet. Also, what about the motion of the ship? We have sailed 5 times previously and have had no problems whatsoever with the “rocking” but we have always been either mid ship or aft. I have heard that the further forward you are, the more you feel the movement. Can anyone testify to this? Thanks so much for any help or suggestions.
I haven't had a cabin in this location, so I can't advise about the noise level. I have sailed the Miracle though and know that they sometimes have late night, adult comdey shows in this lounge. Those nights might be an issue.

I have had the first cabin on a deck before, on a higher deck (deck 7, I think). I didn't have any problem with the motion. That is not to say I didn't feel the motion, and it was definitely more motion than mid-ship or aft, however it didn't bother me. I would think that since I was higher, I would feel more motion than you will on the bottom passenger deck.

If you've never had a problem with the motion bothering you before, you should be fine.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Familiar Face

My wife and I will be on the Miracle March 3, 2010 sailing. Will you be there?

Larry and Anni

Valor Jan 8, 2006
Triumph May 12 2007
Triumph November 3,2007
Liberty November 22, 2008
Miracle March 4, 2010
Glory Jan 16, 2011
Spirit Sept 11, 2012
Fascination September 22, 2014 Kansas Concert, Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midazolam
My wife and I will be on the Miracle March 3, 2010 sailing. Will you be there?

Larry and Anni
Unless I fall into some money between now and then, probably not.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the replies.

Larry, we are sailing on March 12, 2009. Looks like we will just miss you guys. My parents buy all of the kids (we are all adults now) the cruise for Christmas. It is the only way to get us all together in one place for any legnth of time. This will be the third year we have done this and we have loved it. Last year we went on the Freedom and got to see Samantha Brown from the travel channel. Can't wait to see what fun awaits us in March. Hope you have a great cruise.