Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Beginner

Default Tampa-what time should we book RETURN flight???

We are taking our first cruise in March 2010 on the Legend out of Tampa.

We have heard that it is safer to fly in the day prior to leaving on our cruise so we are definitely doing that, however, we are unsure when to book our return flight for. Our ship returns to Tampa at 8:00 a.m.

*How long does it usually take to disembark?
*Would a flight around 1:00 p.m. be ok??
*Not sure how long it takes to get a shuttle/taxi to the airport and in looking at the airport website for Tampa they require you to be there an hour and a half prior to your flight.
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Captain

We are doing the Legend On Jan. 24th. A group of 85 on this one. A flight at 1 pm should be just fine. Getting from the ship to the airport has never been a problem. You can just get off the ship, and out the door where there will be taxis waiting if you want to use them. Most of our group will be flying home between 2 & 6 pm as that is the only flights back to Ohio they could get.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM
First Mate

Last month on Inspiration we done self disembarkation and were off the ship at 8:30.

We had booked a later flight and was able to move up to an earlier one by doing standby.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Admiral

The port and airport are not as far apart as they are in some cities, so 1:00 p.m. should be fine. There are a ton of shuttle companies that work that route and might be cheaper than a taxi, depending on how many people are going together. You have to reserve it on advance, but then, when you get off the ship, walk across the street to your left and there is someone organizing loading up the shuttle vans. Google it and maybe save a few bucks. Have a blast.
Marty
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:39 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Tampa-what time should we book RETURN flight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdawn
We are taking our first cruise in March 2010 on the Legend out of Tampa.

We have heard that it is safer to fly in the day prior to leaving on our cruise so we are definitely doing that, however, we are unsure when to book our return flight for. Our ship returns to Tampa at 8:00 a.m.

*How long does it usually take to disembark? If you use self-assist disembarkment you "can" be off the ship around 9:00 Am (or sooner).

*Would a flight around 1:00 p.m. be ok?? Should Be.

*Not sure how long it takes to get a shuttle/taxi to the airport and in looking at the airport website for Tampa they require you to be there an hour and a half prior to your flight. Takes about 15-20 Minutes.

Old September 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Did the Inspiration last year and we had a 1pm flight. That is more than enough time. Have a great cruise.
Old September 29th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to pattimerritt

A 1:00 p.m. departure is more than adequate...the port is only 15 minutes from the airport and the airport is extremely easy to get around. If you have any questions about Tampa, feel free to email me... I'll be more than happy to assist you.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Beginner

I will be though tampa next fri. Insperation 10 10 09 I went thought there last oct.( same week/cruise) and we had a late flight 4pm so we went across the street from the port, to the tampa aquariam and they will hold your bags for you. We spent about 3 hrs there and still had plenty of time. The shutttle we took was 10 dollars a person each way.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:49 PM
Admiral

I'd say 1 P.M. is perfect. That takes into account any problems that might occur with immigrations, or delays in clearing the ship. As the others have noted, Tampa is very, very easy for both getting aboard, and leaving the ship, and the airport is EXCELLENT, and relatively close.
We just sailed "Legend" last week, and as Platinum members, were off the ship at 8:30. Those who carried their own luggage, or had very early flights were off before we were, and I'd guess the last off were clear of the building by 10 A.M.

"SKY"
Old October 3rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Admiral

We are going on the Legend later this year. So, how as it? We were on her last year and the service was great but the food not as good as we are used to on Carnival. Chomping at the bit for any info or, dare I ask, photo's.
Marty
Old October 3rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
We are going on the Legend later this year. So, how as it? We were on her last year and the service was great but the food not as good as we are used to on Carnival. Chomping at the bit for any info or, dare I ask, photo's.
Marty
Legend was really good! I found the food to be excellent myself, but I'm pretty much a "steak & potatoes" kind of guy. Actually the beef was much better than it's been lately, except for our recent Glory cruise. Beef on that ship was REALLY tender, and good. Whatever you do, don't miss the newest show being offered ONLY on Legend. The "Big Easy". It's a really, really good, high energy show, with lots of music that you'll enjoy. Legend has four production singers also, as opposed to the normal two. Photos? Nope, I can't help you there. We rarely take the camera anymore, so unless there's something really important going on, I don't bother with pictures anymore. Bottom line is,,,,you're going to have a GREAT cruise aboard "Legend".

Ken

"SKY"