Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Default Port Canaveral Question

Does anyone know the terminal number that the Carnival Glory uses at the port? I would like to know in advance so I will know which garage to use. Thanks!!!! Cruising in 23 days
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Admiral

I don't know the exact terminal number, but I do know that as you approach the port area you'll see "Glory" off to your left, (North), and there will be little doubt about where you're going. As I recall, you cross a bridge, and make the next right turn, which loops around and heads you to the North, and the GLORY. There is only one BIG garage, right next to the ship. There are guys in the street as you approach the ship which will tell you which lane to get into, to either drop your checked luggage, or enter the garage. Parking there has gone up to $15 per day, so Glory parking will cost you $105. At least, that's what it was last month.
You'll enjoy your Glory cruise. It's excellent! (Me and the lovely Mrs. are doing Glory again on Oct. 31st. Happy Halloween!!!!)

"SKY"

Just read your post again. Looks like you'll be leaving the ship when we board. Keep her in good shape for us!
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:15 AM
Admiral

The Glory is docked at Terminal "A", Pier #10. There is only one parking garage for Piers 5/10. As Skymaster stated, when you pull into the terminal area, you will be directed to a security checkpoint where you must pay for parking in advance then you can pull up to the Porters and drop off all your luggage. I'm usually the driver and will drop off my passengers as well before I drive my car into the parking garage and meet my passengers in front of the terminal for check-in.

Port Canaveral is one of the easiest ports to enter and exit, you will not have a problem.

Happy sailing!!!

Rose
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:14 AM
First Mate

ROSETATTOO: Has this been a change? All the times we have cruised out of Port Canaveral we have driven (after going through the initial security check) right to the luggage drop area by the ship, dropped off luggage AND then driven to the parking garage. We have never had to pay at security and then go to the ship. And as said, parking at this port is as easy as it gets.

Need some cruise help?
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Master Chief, where did you pay for your parking?
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
Admiral

I too, have always looped around to the left, (towards the ship), dropped the checked luggage, then directed to loop around again, and pay for parking, then another 180 back to the garage. I have, a time or two, elected to park first, then roll all my luggage back to the embarkation/porter area to drop the luggage, then enter the building. That was when it was obvious that there was a considerable wait to drop the luggage. The garage is very close to the ship, so it's not a big deal to do it that way.

"SKY"
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:51 PM
Admiral

We sailed from Port Canaveral in October 2008 and went through Checkpoint Charlie and paid for our parking then dropped off our luggage then looped around to the parking garage.
Old October 1st, 2009, 01:08 PM
First Mate

ROSETATTOO: We paid for the parling at the entrance to the parking garage. We looped into the ship loading area to drop off baggage, then headed out as if to return to Orlando. But instead of exiting the pier area we looped back as if we were going back to the baggage area but stayed in the right lane that took us to the entrance to the parking lot and the "toll booth. It has been about a year since we departed from Port Canavarel so maybe it changed since then.

Need some cruise help?
Old October 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief
ROSETATTOO: We paid for the parling at the entrance to the parking garage. We looped into the ship loading area to drop off baggage, then headed out as if to return to Orlando. But instead of exiting the pier area we looped back as if we were going back to the baggage area but stayed in the right lane that took us to the entrance to the parking lot and the "toll booth. It has been about a year since we departed from Port Canavarel so maybe it changed since then.
Exactly the way I've always done it. It's goofy the way they have you looping around there, but I guess it works. We sailed "Glory" last month and it was that way then.

"SKY"
Old October 1st, 2009, 03:20 PM
Admiral

There's not much of a way you can screw up parking at Port Canaveral unless you are really trying. I've sailed from there at least a dozen times, last time was week. If you prefer, you can loop around, drop off the bags, circle back around and go into the garage to park. I always just go through the pay booth, pay the man, go into the garage and roll my bag over to the area and give it to the porters along with a few dollars tip. Just my way---easier for me but maybe not for anyone else.
Re/ finding the correct dock, etc., just follow the signs and you can't miss.
Happy sails.
Old October 1st, 2009, 03:32 PM
First Mate

If you can (if you want) stay overnight the day before at the Radisson Resort at the Port.

You can park your car there for FREE during your entire cruise and be taken back and forth to the port using the hotels FREE shuttle!