Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Beginner

Default 1st time crusing

This will be my first cruise. We are going on the Destiny sailing Feb 8th 2010. I am really excited. Anyone have any advice. I have been hearing some rather bad things lately and am hoping someone can give us some good things that they have experienced. Thanks for anything you can tell me. Oh by the way we are going to Turks and Cacios, Halfmoon Cay, And Nassua. Again thanx for any help.

JNicho4920
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

If you read the boards you "will" hear bad things but you will also hear good things. The thousands of members of the boards are here for one thing. They love cruising. If it was so bad I doubt they would continue to cruise.

The best thing you can do is take with you a good attitude. Don't let the small things bug you and if a "big" thing does happen, deal with it immediately. Go to the Purser's Desk and if you don't receive resolution then take it to the Hotel Manager.

In my 25+ cruises I have yet to have a "Big Thing" happen. I love cruising and think it's the best vacation option there is.

The only other advice I have is:

Get a passport, research your ports and have a great time.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 5th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Beginner

Thank you for your time. That's what i'm going to do. Go with a good attitude and just enjoy.
Old October 5th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had talked for years about cruising, but my wife eventually decided it wasn't for her and she didn't want to go. Until she went. She loved it, and now we are mutliple repeaters - cruises 3 and 4 coming next year.

It really is one of the best travel values overall around. It's great fun, you get to interact with mutliple cultures and cuisines, take adventerous excursions, relax, have some drinks, enjoy great food and have a blast.

If you have specific questions, let us know, and we will be happy to answer as best we can.

Carnival Conquest April 2008
Carnival Conquest April 2009

Old October 5th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to LeeandKelli
Default Destiny Cruise

HI JNicho4920

You will love this cruise and the ship. We have been on the Destiny before and did the same cruise when the Imagination did it. The beaches are awesome, Grand Turk and Halfmoon Cay!! We like Nassua for the shopping and our stop at Senor Frogs before we get back on the ship. We are booked on the same cruise on 1/25/10 to 1/30/10. We booked balcony cabins and the rate was actually less then we paid this year.

If you have questions please message us and maybe we can answer them for you! Don't worry about the reviews! You will like the cruise!

Lee & Kelli
Old October 5th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Admiral

As I always tell folks who haven't cruised before, "the biggest decisions you'll have to make while on a cruise is......HMMMMM,,,,,,,steak,,,or lobster?" Go with a positive attitude, relax, and enjoy a no stress vacation.

"SKY"
Old October 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Beginner

Thank you all for your replies.....I am so excited about this cruise....I have always wanted to go on a cruise....I know there are always na-sayers who are never happy with anything....So I know I will have a great time....if anyone has any tips for me as to shore excursions....I just can decide....Once again thank you for your help
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Admiral

IMHO, the hardest part about going on your first cruise is the time prior to cruising and trying to keep your expectations within reason...you'll have lots of options once you get onboard and some first timers try to do too much...don't forget to bring some motion sickness medicine..don't overpack, arrive the day before, plan part of your day, keep the rest of the day open to do nothing..bring everyone on these boards presents back and as everyone has indicated, keep a positive attitude..also don't get sunburned
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Beginner

You got it...rum and straw hats for everyone ....again thank you for your reply......you guys have been great....i'm sure i'll have more questions
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Imagine yourself on a wonderful cruise having the best time of your life.... and you will.

Everyone is right, attitude is everything, if you expect to have problems... you will. If you expect to have a great time... you will.

One point I definately agree on... don't try to do too much, it's hard for a first timer, I remember, I was so tired by the end of my cruise I needed another vacation....
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009