CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   carnival legend question - ship question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/368640-carnival-legend-question-ship-question.html)

cherylroy October 10th, 2009 10:22 AM

carnival legend question - ship question

Does it or does it not have the big screen on the lido?? Thanks

cruzinlass October 10th, 2009 10:42 AM

Re: carnival legend question - ship question

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylroy
Does it or does it not have the big screen on the lido?? Thanks

The last time I was on the Legend (Sept. 2008), it did not have a big screen and I do not see where one has been added since then.

Phil&Liz October 10th, 2009 11:12 AM

Might have a look at Johns Blog. He has been on the Leg End for a few weeks now. Likely he has posted a picture or a comment on the big screen question.

Phil & Liz

cherylroy October 10th, 2009 01:06 PM

where is johns blog??

ara0926 October 10th, 2009 04:01 PM

Hey Chery!

Just got off the Legend last Saturday and it did NOT have the big screen!

Sorry to not write back on FB about the collision!

Hope you are doing well my friend! We need to catch up soon!

Take Care
Ashley

skymaster October 10th, 2009 05:24 PM

Ditto to Ashley. We sailed "Legend" the last week in September, and absolutely no big screen. They DO have however, probably the best show on the seven seas, IMO. "Legend" is the only ship doing "The Big Easy" show, and it is GREAT. Don't miss it. Overall, you'll find "Legend" to be a wonderful cruise, big screen or not.

"SKY"

cherylroy October 10th, 2009 11:05 PM

I have actually think I have seen the "Big Easy" Is it a New Orleans style thing? If so.............yep..........I've seen it! Who is the Cruise director???
Ashley.........yes we need to connect! Tell me all about your last trip! Everything! Are you on facebook? I want to hear it all........so glad I met you in person. :-) When is your next cruise??

ara0926 October 11th, 2009 12:46 AM

Sky -

Cheryl and I were on the same sailing on the Spirit in May and were privy to the show the Big Easy! I wonder if they do the 4 singer format on all of the Spirit class ships? Anyone know?

I actually went 2 times to see the Big Easy (early show w/ my dad and the later show with the boy I met onboard) and then went on the Legend last week. Honestly I thought it was ok. There were moments the I loved but others I was like what in the world? But I could see why someone would enjoy it.

Did you like Jazz Hot?

Take care
Ashley

skymaster October 11th, 2009 08:21 AM

Yep, Jazz Hot is very, very good too. (I assume you've guessed I really enjoy the big production shows.) :D Cruise Director aboard "Legend" was Jen Baxter, and she's a hoot. I think she'll probably be there when you sail as well.
I think you're right about the Spirit class ships having four singers, instead of the normal two. I noticed that on "Miracle" also. I'm not sure why I enjoyed "Big Easy" so much. I think it might have been the fast pace of the show, and the fact that I know 99% of the music. Anyway,,,IMO,,,,GREAT show. 8)

"SKYK"

cherylroy October 11th, 2009 09:05 AM

I LOVE Zazz Hot! I LOVE all the shows on Carnival - especially the singing ones! Just my type of show. All the cruises I have been on - never had a female CD so this should be interesting. Want to make a GOOD time cuz its the first time my best friends husband is sailing - and we want him to sail MORE! I know she will.........but want him too! so we can do the couples thing.
Not sure where Iwant to go next - don't have another booked (unusual). Can't seem to find where Joey and I can be off together. After 30 years marriage.........might just have to go without him! LOL

Phil&Liz October 11th, 2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylroy
where is johns blog??

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

He's been aboard for a few weeks now so go back several posts to catch all the news, icluding the story about how it became known as the Leg End! LOL

Phil & Liz

cherylroy October 12th, 2009 04:28 PM

thanks bunches!!