Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Beginner

Default FIRST time cruisers - DESTINY in November

We've never cruised before - leaving Miami November 16 - naussea, grand turk and half moon cay.
Any advice??? can we bring soda on board, which excursions, best places to eat, etc?
Thanks so much!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Grand Turk & Half Moon are both excellent beach days. If that is what you are looking for no excursion is needed. Just get off the ship and you are there. Lunch is included at Half Moon.

Yes you can take soda on board.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old October 11th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

there's a junk ton of info on this board~keep searching and asking questions, you're sure to find some answers

i had a blast on the Destiny twice last year~two of the best vacations i have ever had. she's not in the greatest shape in the world *or wasn't last year* but she is nice and roomy and lots of fun!

i think you will have a blast~happy cruising
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to LeeandKelli
Default Destiny cruise

Cutiecat is right! We are doing this same cruise on 1/25/10 and it will be the third time we have done it. One time on the Imagination and now twice on the Destiny. If you like beaches this is the cruise for you!!

If you have any other questions please feel free to PM us or ask Cutiecat.

You will like this cruise...........!!

Lee & Kelli
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Beginner

We love beaches!!! We have the dolphin encounter booked in naussea, but would you suggest doing something at Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay or just lay on the beach and relax?
We weren't sure about snorkeling - we've done it before in Cozumel, but wondered if this would be something we could do on our own or should we do it with a tour?
Thanks again!! I already love this board!

Suzanne

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to LeeandKelli
Default Beaches

Suzanne;

Nothing to do but enjoy the beaches. NO need to book any excurisons.
We have been on a lot of beaches and we think Grand Turk rates up there with the best of them. Halfmoon Cay is nice to and the lunch the ship provides while you are there is nice to.

Happy sailing;

Lee & Kelli
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: FIRST time cruisers - DESTINY in November

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannej1971
We've never cruised before - leaving Miami November 16 - naussea, grand turk and half moon cay.
Any advice??? can we bring soda on board, which excursions, best places to eat, etc?
Thanks so much!!!
I just got off the Destiny this past March, I can't say enough about the great time we had. It was the best cruise yet, and the food was amazing!!! Hope you have a great time!!! Oh I just realized I didn't answer your questions, we took a 12 pack of soda, 24 pack bottle water 2 big bottles of wine and 1 gallon of gin. The gin was not for me though , as far as your ports we went to grand Cayman and Jamaica. I have been to Nassau though. We did the Atlantis!!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Fascination March 2008
Carnival Destiny March 2009
Carnival Imagination June 2010
All Inclusive Cancun August 2010
Carnival Destiny October 2010
Carnival Fantasy May 2011
Carnival Fantasy October 2011
Carnival Fascination January 2012
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:33 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

I agree with CutieCat - hubby, me and granddaughter went last October and I went in May with the girls. I loved this cruise for the pure relaxation of it. We would have been doing Destiny again in a couple of weeks but unfortunately it didn't fit the days we were taking off so for the first time we are jumping ship for RC's Enchantment November 5th... This was a treat but all I want is to sleep. Lots of ups and downs this summer and fall and this is a much needed respite. I'll be back on Carnival next summer or fall for sure though - just don't know which ship....

Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:34 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

I agree with CutieCat - hubby, me and granddaughter went last October and I went in May with the girls. I loved this cruise for the pure relaxation of it. We would have been doing Destiny again in a couple of weeks but unfortunately it didn't fit the days we were taking off so for the first time we are jumping ship for RC's Enchantment November 5th... This was a treat but all I want is to sleep. Lots of ups and downs this summer and fall and this is a much needed respite. I'll be back on Carnival next summer or fall for sure though - just don't know which ship....By the way we had GREAT weather both times!