Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Beginner

Default Gay Couple on Carnival Carnival Sensation December 17, 09

Hi Folks,

The new guy in my life are planning on doing a cruise on the Carnival Sensation out of Port Canaveral. I did a couple cruises on Carnival with my ex six years ago and know pretty much what to expect and we never felt uncomfortable on those two cruises. Ok the Jubilee out of Jacksonville had some serious unsupervised children issues but that was everyone's problem.

Anyway, we decided to treat ourselves and celebrate the holidays early in style. and are either booking a Suite or balcony stateroom. Coming down to the wire on deciding.

Anyway we don't plan on being in the room the whole time and are wondering if there are any gay or gay friendly couples who might like to meet up for a drink or share a table. Oh and btw I'm 48 and my guy is 53
we might relate better to folks closer to our ages but it's not really an issue. My guy is a lovely latino bear who is fluent in Spanish and Portugese and pretty good with Italian and French. me I'm just a monoglot
so I'll sit there and look pretty. Happy Sailing hope to hear from you
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Hi!
You might want to slip over to the "People" heading, and go down to the "Gay and Lesbian" thread. Most likely, you'll have better luck finding what you're seeking there. Also, once you're aboard, they almost always have "Friends of Dorothy" get togethers aboard, and those are listed in the "Capers", as to time, and place.
Hope you have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"
Old October 12th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Admiral

I don't know anyone attending that cruise. But I'm impressed your guy can speak so many langagues (sp?) I can barely speak and write in English. My dad is from Portugal so I have sat and looked pretty at many Portugese fuctions. It's a good thing I'm good at looking pretty. Have a great cruise and I hope you take Skymaster's advice and check the "Gay and Lesbian" thread. Here is a link to the other thread. Good Luck.
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Beginner

Why thank you,

I think my guy is pretty brilliant too. Good reminder about the friends of Dorothy thingy. Heard about that when my ex and I took a couple of carnival cruises like seven years ago. Never saw it in the Carnival Capers on board. Maybe this time will be differen
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Admiral

If you don't see it in the Capers, go to the pursers desk and ask if they will set one up.
And definitely go to the G + L section on this board. My DH and I met up with some gay couples on a cruise a few years ago. I had "met" one young man on this board and he and his partner introduced us to others on board the ship. We're straight, but have found that sometimes the gay "crowd" are friendlier on cruises. Sometimes the opposite happens, but that is life.
Have a great time!
Marty