Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Passenger

Default Best Seating Time for Kids

We're taking the grandkids this June (6 and 9) and were wondering if the early or late seating is better for kids seeing shows. We're favoring the early times now. What are the usual show times on Carnival? We're normally on NCL or Princess.
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Admiral

I think you should probably go with early seating with kids that young. As adults, you may easily attend either show, but the early shows tend to be more family oriented.
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Admiral

If you do Early Seating, then the Big Shows, are usually at 8:30. If, however, you opt for Late Seating, then the shows are split,,,,sometimes being before dinner, but more often at 10:30! If I were you, I think I'd ask for early seating with the young'ens....

"SKY"
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Another vote for early seating in the formal dining room...not just because of the 8:30 p.m. showtime but because young children are so pooped out from all the day's activities, they just can't stay awake to enjoy dinner then a late show.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Admiral

Just FYI, there is no difference in content between early and late shows. The exception are the late-late comedy routines, but they are done in a different lounge and are described in the Capers as being adult shows. But, the ones in the main show lounge are not more or less family oriented depending on time. They are the same.
But, I agree that early seating is probably best, because kids do get tired and late seating goes really late....for kids and me!
Marty
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Admiral

I stand corrected. I have always heard that the later main shows tend to be more risque, so I was going on that.
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Early is really the best choice, to approximate the time when they would eat at home...you rarely see many children at the late seating..I have never been disturbed by kids when I dine early..every one has always been well behaved, and my cruise last week proved it again....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Captain

Oh for sure early. And to tell you the truth. My 8 year old nice loved being with the Camp Carnival group so much. She would rather eat dinner with the camp kids than with us in the dining room. On a 7 day cruise she ended up only eathing in the dining room with us 2 times. So I would go with the early seating but if the kids enjoy Camp Carnival they may not be there often. :-)
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose