Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Beginner

Default carnival valor March time difference ???

Hi,

I have read some many posts about the time difference that is became more confusing to me
We are not from the US so all of the explanations of time zones we really do not understand
I would kindly like to ask all of your assistance and help
Carnival Valor leaving Miami March 14th
Will there be a time difference between ship’s time in
Cayman Islands March 16, Roatan March 17, belize March 18 and Cozumel March 19 ( so time published on the website is it the time of all the islands )
I am researching some excursions to book independently so the time is very important ( do not want to miss the ship )

appreciate all your help
thanks
Frieda
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Hi,

When you get to Miami set your watch to Miami time. When you board the ship, the time should be the same. Do not set your watch to the time zones of the travel areas. Keep your watch on ship time. There will be an announcement on the ship or in your capers(ship paper) if time will be changed. This way you will never miss the ship. Don't stress and have a fantastic cruise.

Carolin

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Dina's right! More often than not, the entire cruise will stay on "Miami Time", but if they do elect to change, there will be multiple notices to that effect, both at dinner, in the Capers, and at the shows, etc. Don't worry about it,,,and have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Beginner

Hi everyone,

The reason I ask this is because in the past
we have had one problem ( Bahama's) booked an independent snorkel trip long time before we cruised, arrived at the dive store and we were 1 hour too early, gladly not 1 hour too late. The problem is that if I knew this before I would have picked another excursion one we really would liked to do , but time did not match, well it matched but I did not know that at time of booking ( and also that certain dive cy did not know that ).
That is why I am trying to find out before we cruise if ships time changes. Suppose I book a trip independently and pay in advance, if ship is there one hour later than Island time we would not make it in time and we loose the money, but also miss a trip we really would like to do so ......
Here in Belgium, in March we changes time ( we have summer time and winter time ) but it is almost the same in whole Europe ( except for the United Kingdom ) but in the US you have so much different time zones that makes it for us Belgium people very confusing, if there is also a part that changes from winter to summer time well confusion gets even bigger.
If we arrive Miami we put our clock on Miami time so we hope that all island times stay the same as they are published.
thanks for your reply
have a great day
Frieda
Old October 16th, 2009, 06:31 AM
First Mate

One thing to remember during daylight savings time is that some of the islands DO NOT do it. It can be confusing.. If using an independent operator I always ask what the time is.
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Beginner

thanks Bob, great idea to ask them what time it would be when we arrive in port.
now figure out what to do on each island, but that is a big part of the fun !

have a great day
greetings from Belgium
Frieda