Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Familiar Face

Default Splendor Spa Deck 11

Well I snagged a Spa Deck 11 cabin! We were originally on deck 10 Spa Balcony and a cabin became available on deck 11. Any feedback? noise from the hallway because the entrance to the slide is on that floor? movement of the ship from that deck? Deck 11 experiences and opinions welcome. Going Christmas week and this vacation can't come fast enough! Then I realized we still have to go through Thanksgiving! Not in that much of a rush.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Admiral

I have feed back... wonderful cabin to stay in. or at least ours was. No outside noise, (surprising considering location to outside door) our cabin was 1112.
the ride was good too, I was thinking it might be a bit rocky since it was so high up. This was the best I ever slept on a cruise. (my whole 3 cruises)
You'll be happy there and with the amenities too. 8)
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old October 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Admiral

We were in 1116.

That was the first time we had been forward or that high.

The ship really pitched during our cruise and remarkably...we did not feel a thing. I have to say I was shocked.

Our room was quiet....we loved it.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Passenger

I was in room 1115 2nd stateroom from the door to open deck at the aft end of the hallway and heard nothing from the pool or waterslide. What I did hear is the people standing around talking from edge of the deck above, but not too often. I loved having a partial covering over the balcony so that it felt more like being on an open deck. Usually, the full covering of the overhangs on the balconies make me feel I'm in a closet with a big open window.

I did notice that especially on the first night that the rolling of the ship resulted in being turned in my bed while sleeping on my side. Did not notice the ship pitching too much except when we hit 45-knot tailwinds and 20-foot seas where upon the ship noticeably pitched up and down. The tailwinds were so bad, no one could use their balconies in the front of the ship because the smoke from the ship's stack was blowing directly forward and down towards the ship's outside balconies.

Ken
Old October 22nd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Familiar Face

Amazing - you are giving me a review of THE cabin I am booked in! This is awesome. Any other comments? Thanks
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
Passenger

I have pics of the room and the ship here: Ken's Digital Pics
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Familiar Face

I have seen your sight before but never knew it was Cabin 1115. Thanks so much - glad you had a nice vacation!
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Admiral

We were up on the Serenity Deck (deck 12) as we left Cabo, I was a little surprised when I looked down to realized was looking at the balconies on deck 11.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd
We were up on the Serenity Deck (deck 12) as we left Cabo, I was a little surprised when I looked down to realized was looking at the balconies on deck 11.
Yes, I was a little surprised too when my sis and I were standing on our balcony and the folks on deck 12 right about us said, "Good Morning"

I guess that explains the beer can we found on our deck one morning...
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old April 28th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the pictures and the information. I was reading about your trip and then realized.....We were on that ship too. We booked like 3 days before it sailed and really enjoyed the northern itinerary.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We had the best time on that ship. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation for my husband and myself. I have only one complaint, and it is something that was easily rectified. While we were lounging by the pool we noticed that the pool chlorine smell was so strong that we had to move our chairs away from it. However the next day the crew had taken care of it and we didn't have that smell again. Maybe just a miscalculation on the number of chemicals put in there.