Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old October 18th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Michelle1959's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,188
Default seeking songs about Mexico for my ipod!

I would love your suggestions for songs that specifically mention Mexico in the title or lyrics.

So far I have:

Good to Go to Mexico - Toby Keith
Beer In Mexico - Kenny Chesney
Mexico - James Taylor
I got mexico - Eddy Raven


Thanks!
__________________
Past Cruises:
Carnival Imagination w/mom: 03/22/10 - 03/26/10
Carnival Sensation w/son: 07/29/07 - 08/02/07
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old October 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 13,012
Default

Mexico Cake
Mexico Clay Walker
Mexican Radio Wall of Voodoo
Seashores Of Old Mexico George Strait
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Jimmy Buffet - Mexico
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Default

This does not mention Mexico but I think it's a great song for Mexico!

Mambo #5 Lyrics by Lou Bega.


Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Mambo Number 5

One, two, three, four, five
Everybody in the car, so come on
Let's ride to the liqueur-store around the corner
The boys say they want some gin and juice
But I really don't wanna
Beerbust like I had last week
I must stay deep
Because talk is cheap
I like Angela, Pamela, Sandra and Rita
And as I continue you know
They are getting sweeter
So what can I do I really beg and you my Lord
To me flirting it's just like sport, anything fly
It's all good let me dump it
Please set in the trumpet

Chorus:
A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita is all I need
A little bit of Tina is what I see
A little bit of Sandra in the sun
A little bit of Mary all night long
A little bit of Jessica here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man

And jump and down go and move it all around
Shake your head to the sound
Put your hand on the ground
Take one step left
And one step right
One to the front and one to the side
Clap your hands once
And clap your hands twice
And if it looks like this
Then you are doing it right

Chorus:
A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita is all I need
A little bit of Tina is what I see
A little bit of Sandra in the sun
A little bit of Mary all night long
A little bit of Jessica here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man

I do all
To fall in love with a girl like you
You can't run and you can't hide
You and my gonna touch and sky

Chorus:
A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita is all I need
A little bit of Tina is what I see
A little bit of Sandra in the sun
A little bit of Mary all night long
A little bit of Jessica here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old October 21st, 2009, 03:50 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,264
Default

Ironically, Lou Bega is German.

Anyway, you forgot Stays In Mexico by Toby Keith............a bit of a guilty pleasure if you ask me. A great choice without Mexico but just gives the whole tropical vibe is When The Sun Goes Down, by Kenny Chesney(a local celebrity in my part of the country........he graduated with a degree in Business from a school I went to briefly. I even saw where he got his start.) and Uncle Kracker. Just got to be feeling the vibe mon. Also, don't forget to bring some salsa and merengue with you. Can't do mexico without those.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: new orleans, la
Posts: 7,074
Default

"Cisco Kid" by War
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:32 PM
bobsfamily's Avatar
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: iopscusa
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
"Cisco Kid" by War
Now that's a keeper!
__________________
Dream - Nov. 2012 - Platinum cruise
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Michelle1959's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,188
Default vacation-road-trip-cruise songs

Here are the songs I have on playlists called either vacation, cruise, islands, summer or road trip:

Don't Touch My Tempo Arrow
Roll on Down the Highway Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Caribbean Barefoot Man
Island Fever Barefoot Man
Margarita Daze Barefoot Man
The Cruise Barefoot Man
Don't Worry, Be Happy Bobby McFerrin
Lost Highway Bon Jovi
Caribbean Calypso Caribbean Party Music: Jamaican, Calypso, Steel Drums and other
Caribbean Party Caribbean Party Music: Jamaican, Calypso, Steel Drums and other
Good Times Chic
Sailing Christopher Cross
Laying Low In Cozumel Cw Cooper
Sunset Cruise David Arkenstone
The Boys of Summer Don Henley
Tequila Sunrise Eagles
Two Tickets to Paradise Eddie Money
I Got Mexico Eddy Raven
Orinoco Flow Enya
Sailing Life Eric Stone
Sea Cruise Frankie Ford
Perfect Day Hoku
Livin' On Key West Time Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24
Mexico James Taylor
Anything Anytime Anywhere Jimmy Buffett
Back To The Island Jimmy Buffett
Boat Drinks Jimmy Buffett
Boats To Build Jimmy Buffett
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes [Live] Jimmy Buffett
Come Monday [Live] Jimmy Buffett
Island Jimmy Buffett
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere [Live] Jimmy Buffett
License To Chill Jimmy Buffett
Lovely Cruise Jimmy Buffett
Margaritaville Jimmy Buffett
Sea Of Heartbreak Jimmy Buffett
Window On The World Jimmy Buffett
Walking On Sunshine Katrina & The Waves
Beer In Mexico Kenny Chesney
Boats Kenny Chesney
No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems Kenny Chesney
Soul of a Sailor Kenny Chesney
When the Sun Goes Down (Duet With Uncle Kracker) Kenny Chesney
Sail Away Key West
On the Ocean K'Jon
Holiday Road (Live) Lindsey Buckingham
Sail On Lionel Richie
Cool Change Little River Band
Macarena (Original Version) Los del R*o
Holiday Madonna
La Isla Bonita Madonna
The Sea Morcheeba
Summer Nights Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta
Get the Party Started P!nk
Highway to Hell Patty
Downtown Petula Clark
Sea of Love Phil Phillips
Sailing On a Ship Phil Wickham
Road Trippin' Red Hot Chili Peppers
Endless Summer Nights Richard Marx
King of the Road Roger Miller
Escape (The Piña Colada Song) Rupert Holmes
Summer Breeze Seals and Crofts
A Change Would Do You Good Sheryl Crow
Soak Up the Sun Sheryl Crow
The Love Boat Theme Silver Screen Symphony & Tinseltown Singers
Hot Fun In the Summertime Sly & The Family Stone
Cruisin' Smokey Robinson
Set A Course For The Islands Sonny Russell & The Tropics
La Cucaracha Spirit of Mexico
Mexican Hat Dance Spirit of Mexico
Cozumel Stephenbard
Take the Long Way Home Supertramp
Chalè Lanmou Tabou Combo
Tropical Beach Comber The Barefoot Man
Good Vibrations The Beach Boys
I Get Around The Beach Boys
Kokomo The Beach Boys
Sail On, Sailor The Beach Boys
The Long And Winding Road The Beatles
Ticket To Ride The Beatles
Vacation The Go-Go's
Caribbean Breeze The Rippingtons
Good to Go to Mexico Toby Keith
Hot Hot Hot Tropics Steel Drum Band
Island Sunshine Tropics Steel Drum Band
Island in the Sun Weezer
On the Road Again Willie Nelson
Where the Boat Leaves From Zac Brown Band
__________________
Past Cruises:
Carnival Imagination w/mom: 03/22/10 - 03/26/10
Carnival Sensation w/son: 07/29/07 - 08/02/07
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:52 AM
Michelle1959's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,188
Default

Thanks a fun song and has the rhythm of course, but I'm not one to sing about a lot of ladies I want in my life... a great song for a guy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaunell
This does not mention Mexico but I think it's a great song for Mexico!

Mambo #5 Lyrics by Lou Bega.


Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Mambo Number 5

One, two, three, four, five
Everybody in the car, so come on
Let's ride to the liqueur-store around the corner
The boys say they want some gin and juice
But I really don't wanna
Beerbust like I had last week
I must stay deep
Because talk is cheap
I like Angela, Pamela, Sandra and Rita
And as I continue you know
They are getting sweeter
So what can I do I really beg and you my Lord
To me flirting it's just like sport, anything fly
It's all good let me dump it
Please set in the trumpet

Chorus:
A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita is all I need
A little bit of Tina is what I see
A little bit of Sandra in the sun
A little bit of Mary all night long
A little bit of Jessica here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man

And jump and down go and move it all around
Shake your head to the sound
Put your hand on the ground
Take one step left
And one step right
One to the front and one to the side
Clap your hands once
And clap your hands twice
And if it looks like this
Then you are doing it right

Chorus:
A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita is all I need
A little bit of Tina is what I see
A little bit of Sandra in the sun
A little bit of Mary all night long
A little bit of Jessica here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man

I do all
To fall in love with a girl like you
You can't run and you can't hide
You and my gonna touch and sky

Chorus:
A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita is all I need
A little bit of Tina is what I see
A little bit of Sandra in the sun
A little bit of Mary all night long
A little bit of Jessica here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man
__________________
Past Cruises:
Carnival Imagination w/mom: 03/22/10 - 03/26/10
Carnival Sensation w/son: 07/29/07 - 08/02/07
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Michelle1959's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,188
Default

yes, listened to Stay In Mexico and downloade3d it, thanks,.
already have Sun Goes Down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
Ironically, Lou Bega is German.

Anyway, you forgot Stays In Mexico by Toby Keith............a bit of a guilty pleasure if you ask me. A great choice without Mexico but just gives the whole tropical vibe is When The Sun Goes Down, by Kenny Chesney(a local celebrity in my part of the country........he graduated with a degree in Business from a school I went to briefly. I even saw where he got his start.) and Uncle Kracker. Just got to be feeling the vibe mon. Also, don't forget to bring some salsa and merengue with you. Can't do mexico without those.
__________________
Past Cruises:
Carnival Imagination w/mom: 03/22/10 - 03/26/10
Carnival Sensation w/son: 07/29/07 - 08/02/07
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,264
Default

Well, a couple of those could be drinks(like Mary and Rita......as in Bloody Mary and Margarita).

As for me I am hoping for a "Bright, Bright, Sunshiny Day", given the weather reports for next week in Cozumel, Miami, and Key West.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Michelle1959's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,188
Default

Brad, point well taken!

Well have a great cruise - I thought you have cruised before?

Take LOTS of photos of the ship, inside and out! I'll even reimburse you you $$ if you then burn a cd of your photos of the ship and send them to me. Sailing Imagination in just about 5 months, I'm anxious to see photos of her, not of "people" on her.

Michelle


Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
Well, a couple of those could be drinks(like Mary and Rita......as in Bloody Mary and Margarita).

As for me I am hoping for a "Bright, Bright, Sunshiny Day", given the weather reports for next week in Cozumel, Miami, and Key West.
__________________
Past Cruises:
Carnival Imagination w/mom: 03/22/10 - 03/26/10
Carnival Sensation w/son: 07/29/07 - 08/02/07
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,264
Default

I will do you one better. I will send you a dvd once I edit my video. Have some professional editing software on my computer, even if it is just trial versions.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Michelle1959's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,188
Default

wow. thanks! Just let me know before you sent it, and I'll, PM you with my address and let me know how much for the dvd/postage and I'll send you a check (or via paypal if you have a paypal acct).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
I will do you one better. I will send you a dvd once I edit my video. Have some professional editing software on my computer, even if it is just trial versions.
__________________
Past Cruises:
Carnival Imagination w/mom: 03/22/10 - 03/26/10
Carnival Sensation w/son: 07/29/07 - 08/02/07
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:09 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,264
Default

Don't worry about the DVD cost, I keep them around anyway. I'll send free of charge.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
back, beach, buffett, chesney, cozumel, cruise, drum, island, jimmy, kenny, mention, mentioning, mexico, songs, steel, sunset

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seeking cabin mate 7 day roundtrip L.A. to Mexico 1/31/09 itsdarlene Seeking Cruise Companion 1 May 13th, 2009 09:42 AM
Seeking cabin mate sailing on NCL 1/31/09 LA to Mexico itsdarlene Seeking Cruise Companion 3 August 18th, 2008 04:48 PM
Seeking Cruise Mate Mexico 2008 R&R Mexico 0 March 22nd, 2008 11:01 PM
Seeking cabinmate for mexico, any cruise 3/23-30! crazycollegecruiser Seeking Cruise Companion 2 March 12th, 2008 03:18 PM
Must have songs and pictures on your ipod ~*Reeciecupp*~ Teen Cruisers 3 August 12th, 2006 05:44 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1