Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Familiar Face

Default Two twins and one upper for four people????????

On the Carnival site I have been checking on prices for four sailing to the Bahamas in July. (Jacksonville, Port Canaveral)

The problem that I am having is that it keeps offering me rooms with two twins that convert to a king and one upper! Wouldn't that sleep only three?

Do they think that three people will sleep in the king?

What I want is two twins that convert to a king and two uppers or any combination of one king and two twins. Two adults in the King and two children with a twin bed a piece.

What is the normal bed layout for four to a room?

Ships I've Sailed:

Carnival Fascination July 6th 2009

Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
First Mate

A cabin for 4 would be either 2 twins pushed together to make a king, and either a sofa bed and an upper berth, or 2 upper berths. What you are describing is a triple layout, not a quad.

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old October 23rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
Admiral

But, it may have the sofa bed in addition to king and one upper berth. Call and talk to a travel agent or Carnival rep. The layout I just described is pretty common on Carnival and the sofa bad is fine. I've slept on it and had no problems.
Marty
Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Passenger

Default what about paying for two rooms ?

????
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
First Mate

This must be an issue involving post 2000 ships. I have booked a cabin for three twice, once on Holiday and once on Fascination, and each time we were given a room with a king and two uppers as if they did not have a cabin with only one upper.
Sovereign of the Seas 2007
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Carnival Fascination 9/14/09
Freedom of the Seas 11/28/10
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:18 PM
Passenger

Default I apollagize.

You know, I was'nt feelling well, when I posted my comment of what about paying for two rooms ? It was rude of me. I'm sorry. And actually, you may be able to get rooms for four on post 2000 cruises. I really don't know about the availability of 3rd and 4th bunks. It very well may be that there are cabins with two uppers sometimes available. And I think there might be cabins with a king (two twins), and one upper and a sofa or chair that folds out into a bed.
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: I apollagize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Jay
You know, I was'nt feelling well, when I posted my comment of what about paying for two rooms ? It was rude of me. I'm sorry. And actually, you may be able to get rooms for four on post 2000 cruises. I really don't know about the availability of 3rd and 4th bunks. It very well may be that there are cabins with two uppers sometimes available. And I think there might be cabins with a king (two twins), and one upper and a sofa or chair that folds out into a bed.

Nice,
My wife and I took our three children this past July on the Fascination sailing out of Jacksonville, Fla. We booked two rooms (adjoining) and this was really nice. The oldest son who is now a freshman in college may not go with us next time so I thought we may not need the extra room. My youngest is a 12 year old boy who would not mind sleeping on a fold out couch or chair. I would rather get a suite that will sleep four than to get the adjoining rooms again if our oldest child does not go, but, if four can sleep in a standard room then that leaves more $$$ for excursions.

Ships I've Sailed:

Carnival Fascination July 6th 2009