Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Passenger

Default Price Watching

I was wondering how the price reduction actually works.

The prices online are posted for the... I believe the (4 category) Riviera level for a certain price, but how do you compare prices if you are on the 6 or above catergories.

I am just trying to figure out how to compare prices and not make the mistake of see something cheaper and not realizing the category difference. Hope I am making sense.
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Captain

Find out the category you are booked at. If its 4A, then thats the price you need to check. The only reason to check higher prices, is your category might sell out, so you need to check higher categories to see if they drop to less than what you paid, then you can ask to upgrade and get the lower price if you are before final payment or if you are early saver rate.

Without writing a book ... thats the basics. If you have more questions, just ask.

With the new categories, price watching is going to get more complicated, not less. Im now in a 4A which is going to change to a PT, used to be a 5A. VTG for instance is back to listing the new PT rate as their lowest OV rate .. rather misleading, so I have to dig down to find the real OV rates on Carnival if I see something that looks like its lower at first glance.
Old October 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Admiral

I am assuming you booked early saver, and if this is the case I would check the Carnival site first by going through the booking part up to where it lists a price. After that you can check other places online for Carnival advertised rates(basically non-travel agency discounts), for the same number of people in the same category of state room. I had receive one price reduction on my cabin.

Need some cruise help?
Old October 24th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Passenger

Thanks, we are 6B OV and want to make sure I go about keeping an eye on the price. I booked through Carnival's TA and she did tell me we would qualify for military discount if that was lower than the rate I now have.
I heard that they usually offer some type of military rate in November due to Veteran's Day but not sure what categories they would pertain to.
Old October 24th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlcruise
Thanks, we are 6B OV and want to make sure I go about keeping an eye on the price. I booked through Carnival's TA and she did tell me we would qualify for military discount if that was lower than the rate I now have.
I heard that they usually offer some type of military rate in November due to Veteran's Day but not sure what categories they would pertain to.
She might have been referring to friends and family so others can cruise at the same military rates you get ... if you are booked very far out though, there may not be military rates yet. Hope you get a rate drop, so far, Iv been out of luck.