Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2009, 10:56 PM
Beginner

Default Last day check-out and medical problem

Hello Cruisers,
I am planning to take my first cruise this year sometime in December. I am planning for a 3-4 nights cruise from Tampa, Jacksonville, Port Canaveral, or Mobile.

I have a medical problem due to which, every morning I need to use the bathroom facilities, frequently for about 2-4 hours. On the last day the check-out time is 7AM or 8AM, which is the biggest cause of my concern. I have heard it takes couple of hours or more to check-out, plus you have to vacate your room before 8AM.

1) From your past experience, can you tell me how long it takes to check-out and what time do we have to vacate the rooms?
2) Is it possible to request the crew or housekeeping manager, and request to allow us to be in the room till 10AM/11AM, or
3) Can they provide us any other private place in the ship during this check-out time. I have no issues being the last person to get off the ship.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:57 PM
Admiral

I don't think you will be able to get off the ship as later as 11AM. Someone correct me if this has changed. It use to be that when you do self debarkation, you stay in your room until you are called to leave the ship. The only problem with self debarkation is you have to carry all your bags for the ship. It is a pain. That is why we only tried it once.

Because, I have medicine that requires a fridge I always complete a Special Requirement Form. Here is a link to that form.http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/pdf/SRI_Form_082509.pdf The form has an e-mail address you can contact them directly and see about an answer to your question. I hope that helps.
specialneeds@carnival.com

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I agree with Kat, you should contact them, but also remember the ship has bathrooms all over the place, so after you left your room, you could find a place to wait on the ship, near a bathroom.

Good Luck and have a great cruise.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

In the majority of cases, the ship is totally cleared on disembkaring passengers by 9:30 AM or so (though there are exceptions when Customs and Immigration delays things).

I don't think you'd have a problem arranging to stay in your cabin until you're called to leave the ship. But you may want to have your agent arrange this in advance, through the Special Needs dept.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 2nd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

One way to solve the problem is get up early, meaning get up at 5am or 6am so you can spend the two hours or so in the cabin and then go get a late breakfast at 7am or so.

The special needs area can tell you more, but the easiest thing is to wake up early....I make myself get up early on debarkation day to watch sail into port and docking...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....