Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Passenger

Default Fitness rooms on ships

May sound like a silly question but does Carnival ever upgrade or change the exercise equipment on the ships? I did not particularly like the weight machines one the Conquest.
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Administrator
Admiral

They do cycle out the treadmills, ellipticals and spinners but I am not sure about the weight machines. My SIL is a major weight trainer and he was not impressed with the weight machines on Carnival Pride.

It seems that the main focus is on cardio and not weight training.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 5th, 2009, 10:48 AM
First Mate

Being one of the "older guys" I tend to use the cardio stuff more than the weights. I think the equipment may be geared more towards the "elder" folks who do mostly cardio. At least that's my humble opinion and I'm sticking to it

Need some cruise help?
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Familiar Face

I go to the gym 6 days a week and do cardio and both machine and free weights.

In July I was on the Fascination and was very impressed with the quality of the equipment on that ship.

I am a member of Golds gym and therefore when I travel on business I use Golds in various locations. The equipment on the ship was better than most of those gyms that I have used, and I am no old guy!

Maybe the equipment on the Fascination had just been replaced, I don't know, but I'm telling you it was nice equipment. 8)

Ships I've Sailed:

Carnival Fascination July 6th 2009

Old March 4th, 2010, 11:00 PM
david30101

The weight machines on most ships ive been on are powered by "air" for resistance instead of weight bars. That is all to save excess weight of the machine itself being on a ship. Yea I know being on a large ship shouldnt matter weight wise. im sure the company has a unique calulation on how to save expenses of ship operation.