Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to herbertcol Send a message via Yahoo to herbertcol
Default Massage Question - Prices and Recommendations

We are going on a family cruise next March (2010) and the question of prices and recommendations for on-board massages has been asked. Does any have any recommendations (pro or con) and what are the cost of the massages? We will be sailing on the Fascination out of Jacksonville, but comments about any Carnival ship massages will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Captain

Default Re: Massage Question - Prices and Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbertcol
We are going on a family cruise next March (2010) and the question of prices and recommendations for on-board massages has been asked. Does any have any recommendations (pro or con) and what are the cost of the massages? We will be sailing on the Fascination out of Jacksonville, but comments about any Carnival ship massages will be appreciated.
I was just on Royal Carribean last week and I'm guessing that prices and services are probably pretty similar. Unfortuately, they are pricy and usually less time than you would receive during a non-cruise massage.

Many say book your spa/massage stuff the first thing when you get on board. The spa likes to give the impresson that they fill up fast so "hurry up". However, I feel your best bet is to wait until your first stop in port at which time they usually have some specials going (gee guess they didn't fill up so fast after all lol) and you can usually doing some low key bargaining with them. Just so you know, they will try to sell you different things after your massage but just politely decline thes things unless you really want them. You and your significant other can probably end up getting about a 50 min massage for a couple hundred dollars...Maybe a bit more or a bit less
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Beginner

I found this website to be very helpful. We are booked for our first cruise in December and I found this site while researching. You will find the cost for almost everything onboard.

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com
Old November 9th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

While not a full body massage, we had this flyer offering this on the Liberty, last month..pick any 3 for $89.00...other than the specials, they are $$$. It was on a port day, because the flyer says, welcome back onboard.

Foot and ankle massage
hand and arm massage
scalp massage
back neck and shsoulder massage
eye collagen treatment
conditioning hair treatmant
eye zone treatment
hydrating spa facial

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 10th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Admiral

I initially thought I'd get a masszge on board on my upcoming 2nd cruise (didn't get one on the 1se in 07). Then I realized that it would be cheaper to just schedule a massage a day or two before the cruise. Since I'm foying down to Miami on a sat, and cruise on Monday, (I'm staying with and cruising with my mom), I am going to just schedule a massage for Sunday morning so I'll be all nice and relaxed after taking 2 flights to get down there from Chicago on Saturday. Then, I'll start the cruise off all relaxed! cheaper too!

I'm also going to get a massage after work the day before Thanksgiving, as my soin and I are flying down to my mom's for the 4-day weekend and of course 2 flights each way so I will be all stress-free to start the holiday weekend, I have never flown on any holiday before, so I expect it to be chaotic and doing the massage the evening before will put me in a better mood for the travel.