Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Beginner

Default Bed Bugs

I'm trying to reach anyone who was on the Cranival Fascination May 16-21, 2009 out of Jacksonville, FL. You see we had a great time on our cruise, but unfortunatley we came home with some stow aways....BED BUGS!!!!! After 6 months, paying $2000 to exterminate our entire house we still have them. So I'm reaching out to anyone who was and/or still is in my situation that also traveled on this cruise to please let me know. I need to speak to you ASAP.
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Captain

This may sound silly...
We always take a spray can of Lyisol to do the shower, sink & handles in the cabin...
We will also do an inspection on the bed for the bed bugs...
Thanks,

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Familiar Face

We too also take Lysol. We use in the pretrip hotel as well as the room on the ship. I never leave home without it. It also makes me remember to use it when I unpack and see it!
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Admiral

But how do you know you got them on the ship? Surely if they were in the bedding you would have been bitten before the cruise was over so you would have known something was up-- if I remember correctly the Fascination does 5 day cruises-- surely the bugs weren't on a diet and decided not to bite on you before the cruise was over-- and it wouldn't make sense to have red bite marks on your person while on the ship after a night or two and not complain-- - so waiting seven months to say you got them on the ship doesn't seem practical. Bedbugs are making a comeback and can be brought into a home by visitors who have stayed in motels, flown into your home town, attached onto your luggage that was handled at the pier, aboard ship, airlines, , etc. etc. Blaming the ship for having bedbugs may be a little hard to prove, which, with all due respect, seems to be where you're heading with this.
You could have picked them up anywhere--even prior to the cruise and actually taken some of the little devils aboard yourself.
I seriously doubt you will get too far with blaming Carnival and wanting restitution from them.
Unfortunately, it's another sign of the times that we live in-- not all people are clean-- with the transportation today, disesases, and yes, even bedbugs are world hitch hikers-- unfortunate but a sad fact .
Anyone who visited your home could have unwittingly brought them in
with them. Sorry for your problem but in all honestly to automatically say you got them on the ship is, in my opinion, a little far fetched. You noticed them after being on the ship-- doesn't mean you got them there.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Captain

I have to agree with post above....

Easy to check for them, just pull the sheets back off of the leading edge of the matteras, they will be residing in the edge bead where there is less light...

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:15 PM
First Mate

Default BED BUGS

IF you had bed bugs you would know it within 24 to 36 hrs as they usuall make you itchy and welts appear on sensative people. they do not carry any nasty germs just itchy to sensative people.there has been major infestations through the world in the last few years and some places hide them. You can get them in the finest 5 star hotels and flop houses.you can pick them up from movies seats, plane and train seats.
I deal with them from the public health side that is my job geta good exterminator to tell you what and how to do things to get rid of them.
JUST REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT A PIG WHEN YOU GET BED BUGS, BUT TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM.
boB