Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Default video input/output on new tvs on imagination?

now that this ship has gone through the upgrades, and I understand has flat-screen hd tvs in the cabins, I want to know if the tvs have video input and output connections. I bought a cable to connect my ipod to my home stereo system and would love to listen to my ipod over the tv when in my cabin, instead of having to bring a portable ipod vspeaker.

can anyone confirm this? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Admiral

I can't answer specifically for this ship but in my estimation Carnival purchased thousands and thousands of flat screen t.v.'s to upgrade all their older ships and I've found they do not have video and audio inputs.

I bring a laptop along with DVD's to watch movies in case it's a rainy day and was not able to watch on the TV.

I bring a set of speakers which are small but sound fine that I bought from WalMart for under $20 that sound a hundred times better than anything coming from TV speakers. They fit in a box about 1/2 the size of a shoe box.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Admiral

I agree with the above. Oddly enough, some of the old T.V.'s in the cabins do have an audio/video input/output on the front, but the new flat screens do not. (At least the ones I've seen so far. I haven't been aboard Imagination yet.) I wish they did have this feature, as it'd be really nice for a number of different functions,,,but alas,,,not to be.

"SKY"
Old November 12th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Admiral

thank you for your answers! I guess I will bring my ipod speaker along then, with extra batteries as it's battery operated only, aa's, besides my headset of course. Got to have the music!

I can't wait till I'm lyng out with my mom in the Serenity area, with my headset on and listening to my music! After 2 cruises I have booked and had to cancel sie my first one with my son in 2007, this one in March is long overdue!
Old November 18th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Michelle, the Serenity area is GREAT! It's a bit small however, so you have to get there early if possible. I've also found that a lot of folks don't know it's there, but learn about it as the cruise goes forward, so as the week goes on, it gets more crowded. Pack the IPOD, and head out. It's going to be a wonderful cruise for you and your mom.

Ken
"SKY"
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Ken, thanks! I'll bring the cable anyway as I will be at my mom's for 2 days b4 the cruise so I can listen to my ipod usng herf seo or tv and if I get lucky on the ship and can plug it in to that tv, all the better.

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Michelle, the Serenity area is GREAT! It's a bit small however, so you have to get there early if possible. I've also found that a lot of folks don't know it's there, but learn about it as the cruise goes forward, so as the week goes on, it gets more crowded. Pack the IPOD, and head out. It's going to be a wonderful cruise for you and your mom.

Ken
"SKY"