Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:58 PM
First Mate

Default Just back off the Inspiration

Hello Cruisemates. DW and I are back from our 5 day cruise on the Inspiration during Hurricane Ida. It really wasn't a bad cruise. A little rough at times not nearly as bad as we were expecting it to be. As soon as we left port they made the anouncement that we would not be able to go to Grand Caymen because of the storm. Instead we would go to Key west and be there until 9 P.M. I thought that would be great as we have never been in Key West at night. Well we made it to the port entrance and the anouncment was made that due to the weather we would not be allowed into the port so we would bypass Key West do another day at sea and head on to Cozumel. We ended up with 4 days at sea and 1 day in Cozumel. We left on the 7th and got back on the12th. Now I hope that people don't get me wrong and think that I am complaining about the ship missing any ports because I'm not. I had so much fun anyway that missing a port didn't even matter. The only thing that dissapointed me was the upgrades that had been done to the ship. I thought that a lot more had been done to the Inspiration while she was in drydock. I was looking for the big screen TV by the pool. Maybe be able to check our sail and sign account from the room or relax in the Serenity area. Well no big screen TV by the pool. They did put a small flat screen TV in the cabin but we don't spend a lot of time there anyway. The serenity area was way too small to enjoy. The cabin have been redone but you have a lot less storage room now. As always we overpacked. You would think that by now we would know better. The location of the room was great. We had an Ocean View U140. Gerry the Greek in the Carnival dinning room was outstanding as was our wait staff. Lets be real everyone on the ship was great. We did have a few people complaining about missing a port. I don't care if people want to complain just don't take it out on the people that have no control over the problem. One lady got a little upset with me when I told her she should go talk to the person who was responsible for making us miss Grand Cayman. She asked me if I knew who that was and how to reach them. You know being the kind and considerate person that I am I told her I would be glad to get her that information. I told her the ladies name was Ida and she could find her up on the Lido deck and that it was a toll free call. It took her a couple of seconds to understand what I was saying. All I can say was that she didn't like me very well after that. All in all it was still a great but short vacation. Now its time to start planning another cruise. I am starting to get my land legs back and I preferr my sea legs.

Read and post cruise reviews

Fascination 01/02
Imagination 07/02
Glory 07/04
Glory 12/04
Valor 12/05
Miracle 08/06
Fascination 10/06
Triumph 06/07
Inspiration 11/07
Destiny 08/08 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 11/09 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 10/10 (VIP Status)
Destiny 10/11 (VIP Status)
Enchantment of the Seas(RC)04/13
Dream 07/13
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I love your attitude. I am so glad you had a good time. You are the type of people I love to cruise with.

What did you do in Cozumel?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
I love your attitude. I am so glad you had a good time. You are the type of people I love to cruise with.

What did you do in Cozumel?
Spent most of the time shopping. We took a friend of ours to Carlos and Charlies after a day of shopping. First time for her and it was great.

Fascination 01/02
Imagination 07/02
Glory 07/04
Glory 12/04
Valor 12/05
Miracle 08/06
Fascination 10/06
Triumph 06/07
Inspiration 11/07
Destiny 08/08 (VIP Status)