Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:43 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to purpledevilduck
Default Florida smoking Laws

My Bother and I are sailing on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale-sails Jan 16th- and staying in Hollywood for a couple of days pre-cruise. We both enjoy smoking cigars and enjoy smoking when we are drinking. It has been a couple of years since I was in Florida and I am trying to find out what if any smoking laws such as smoking in bars or ft restrictions that Florida currently has and what laws/restrictions would be in effect after the first of the year.
Carnival Valor Sept/Oct 2007
Carnival Freedom Jan 2010
Carnival Liberty Feb 2013

Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Admiral

I'm not a smoker anymore, (quit a long time ago) but I regret to inform you that there is no smoking in bars and restaurants (or almost anywhere else indoors) in Florida anymore. You might find a restaurant (there are quite a few) with an outdoor patio where you can smoke, and drink at the same time without getting up and going outdoors to enjoy your cigars. Sorry, but I hope you enjoy your cruise anyway.

"SKY"
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledevilduck View Post
My Bother and I are sailing on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale-sails Jan 16th- and staying in Hollywood for a couple of days pre-cruise. We both enjoy smoking cigars and enjoy smoking when we are drinking. It has been a couple of years since I was in Florida and I am trying to find out what if any smoking laws such as smoking in bars or ft restrictions that Florida currently has and what laws/restrictions would be in effect after the first of the year.
Most establishments and hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale area are non-smoking. However, the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport on Stirling Rd in Hollywood still has smoking rooms. They also have a nice pool area with a bar, for your drinking and smoking pleasure (some of it is undercover, in case of inclement weather). We just stayed there 11/7, that is why I know this.

Hope this helps.
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to purpledevilduck
Default Thank you

Thank you all for your help. I had a feeling that Florida had started to go the way of the rest of the country. I am glad to hear that it has not gone as extreme as Washington has by outlawing smoking bars including any patio areas. I will still be able to enjoy my cruise. It is nice that Carnival still has a Cigar Bar. If anyone knows of any Cigar Bars in Hollywood Florida please let me know.
Carnival Valor Sept/Oct 2007
Carnival Freedom Jan 2010
Carnival Liberty Feb 2013

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Admiral

google "cigar bar, ft lauderdale, fl" you will get a few places. or try hollywood, fl you should get a few.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014