CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   I just got back from my " Dream " cruise. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/369636-i-just-got-back-my-dream-cruise.html)

Nice Jay November 24th, 2009 09:22 PM

I just got back from my " Dream " cruise.

A fabulous ship. Much entertainment. Many entertainers. Many great spots on the ship. Too many passengers.

wannabetraveler November 30th, 2009 12:59 PM

Going on the New Years Eve cruise. How was the food and what ports did you go to? What was the most crowded area? Hope to bypass those. Thanks Kathy

skymaster November 30th, 2009 03:38 PM

Exactly how I've pictured "Dream". I'll no doubt give her a go when the prices drop a bit, but I'm not expecting to love the ship the way I love the "SPIRIT" class ships, or even the "CONQUEST" ships. I promise to go with an open mind however. ;-)

"SKY"

lhp December 14th, 2009 08:02 PM

I just returned from a 9 day on the Dream (Blogger's Cruise) and had a blast.

I loved the ship. I think Carnival could improve some things on it. The Ocean Plaza is a neat idea...but the exterior walk space is under utilized and this makes for a bottleneck at the coffee shop in the interior area.

Food was great. If one line was to long...I just went and ate something else. Pasta line was never long. It was the monogolian wok that had the longest line for us....because it is individually made.

LOVE the thalasso pool and relaxation rooms. I used them every day.

I am not a Spa person...but these really suited me.

One word of caution....until they get the noise issue resolved in the Spa Interior Cabins on Deck 11....be aware that IF the ship is doing 20+ knots and the waves are hitting just right...it makes a "gong" sound.

It did not ruin our cruise....since it only lasted 18 hours out of a 9 day cruise. But it was irritating.

We had a blast. One of our best cruises all things considered....

AND I got to be Brittney Spears in the Legend Show!!!

skymaster December 15th, 2009 08:21 AM

BABY, BABY,,,,,BABY BABY,,,,,Glad to hear you got to be Brittney! :cool: I've only been Frank, and Elvis, but think I might try another "Legend" next time, just for fun. Maybe "Garth". (Don't think these old bones will let me be "James Brown". I feel good,,,,but not that good.:shock:)
On another note, thanks for the review of the ship. Pretty much what I've heard from other "reliable" sources. Great ship, but over crowded. When the prices come down a bit, I'll give her a go, with an open mind.

Ken

"SKY"

ttam December 16th, 2009 09:46 AM

dream

Glad to hear you are back and enjoyed the cruise We are scheduled for NOV 2010 on her and i am a little concerned about the number of passengers , does it slow down the embarkation, and debarkation are the food lines long, what the entire cruise.We are going to the western Caribbean and have a suite. WILL THE CRUISE BE WORTH THE MONEY, OR SHOULD WE WAIT TILL THE PRICE DROPS. We can get another cruise for cheaper
have a good holiday.
boB:o

lhp December 17th, 2009 09:08 AM

Personally, (and this is just me).... I would not pay extra just to go on a new ship.

The only reason we did this one was because it went to two ports that we have never been to...and then it ended up being a Blogger's Cruise. (I post on the Blog every day.)

I am not a fan of big ships.....and this is about as big as I care to get.

My favorites are the Spirit class ships although I do like the fact that on the bigger ships....karaoke and the piano bar are right together....VERY CONVENIENT!!! ;)

The cool thing is that if Promenade gets to "busy" to walk through...Lower Dream Street (deck 4) is usually a GHOST TOWN....so if you are just needing to walk from the Atrium to the back of the ship...it is perfect.

Paul Motter December 18th, 2009 11:23 AM

I liked the Dream a lot - it is a real "rockin' ship in terms of music and shows - geared the gen-x and younger people. Not old timers on Medicare.

The one place I think it gets too crowded is the buffet. They did not use the "food station" concept enough, but rather still hvae somewhat long lines.

The FunHub was a lot of fun and i was very surprised few people were using it on our cruise.

Snoozeman December 18th, 2009 12:38 PM

Gong sound. Now Linda, you have never heard a gong sound...............if you know what I mean.;)

Sounds wonderful. Glad you had a good time. I will wait for the Carnival Magic since it's supposed to sail from Texas. Hope so.

Gail4cruising December 19th, 2009 09:07 PM

I just got off Dream this am and was off the ship and in my car at 700am. I did the self assist debarkation and have never gotten off a ship that early. The embarkation time from the time I got in line was only about one hour long-I arrived at the port around 1145 am. There is a lot of entertainment to pick from and that is why i loved the "my time dining" which was anytime b/t 545 and 930pm. A lot of people on the ship was fussing about the lunch lines and the tenders into Belize (water was really rough due to bad weather). Everything may smooth out if Carnival listens to the passengers-Cruise director already mentioned this issues so they are aware. I will return to this ship at a future date.