Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Default Legend review

Crusie review - Legend Nov. 2009
Hampton Inn Ybor City: Very nice hotel. Parking was extra but only 45.00 compared to almost 100.00 at the pier.
The hotel parking garage is difficult to find if you don't know your way around. There are lots of one way streets downtown and also there was construction that made it a little more confusing. We would stay there again if we sail from Tampa.

Embarkment day Tampa: We had no problems with embarkment. It went pretty smooth. Our shuttle didn't pick us up until after 11:00, but we were on board and eating lunch by 12:15. Not to bad. We were able to get into the cabin around 1:30. It was really awesome going under the Skyway Bridge, especially at night. We ate supper in the buffet Sunday night.

Sea day: There is always lots to do on a sea day but we just took it easy and relaxed around the ship and in the cabin. We did go to the show,The Big Easy, that night and really enjoyed it. The singers and dancers were awesome.

Grand Caymen: Tendering in was really easy and it didn't take us very long at all. The only issue was people that had an excursion was suppose to have priority getting off but there were people cutting across the rope to get in the same line which made it very crowded I don't know why people can't follow directions. We did the Turles, Turles and more turles Delux tour. We saw LOTS of turles. Included in the excursion was a trip to Hell which was very interesting. The show in Follies that night was Lubo, a guy that balanced everything on his head. Very good. Also there was a comedy show by Ronnie Bullard. Very good and clean. He also did an adult show later that night that we did not go to.

Cozumel: We did the Cozumel Hightlights and Shopping tour here. One of our stops was Discover Mexico which has scale models of Mexican
landmarks. This is an awesome place. Very informative guide and great place to visit. Next we went to the first church on the island. We visited the Tequila factory and was able to sample several kinds of tequila. My favorite was the cream flavor. We shopped a little. The vendors are VERY pushy in Cozumel and I just did not care for that. I was ready to get back onboard the ship. We did not attend any shows that night.

Belize: The excursion we had planned for Belize was cancelled for some reason and we did not try to do anything. We tendered in to port and
shopped a bit. We had a drink at The Wet Lizard. There really is not much to do right there in port. We were back onboard within a few hours.
We crashed early that night. No shows for us.

Isle of Roaton: In Roatan we did the Pirates, Monkeys and Parrots tour at Gumbalima Park. We really enjoyed this excursion the best. We were able to hold the parrots and spider monkeys. This was my favorite of all the ports. It really is beautiful with it's beaches and mountains. Not much at the pier as far shopping. We were suppose to dock at the new pier but that was changed at and we docked at he other one.

Sea day: Today was a relaxing day for us. We did do the cancer walk at 2:00 and that was fun. Quiet a few people participated.

General ship review: The Legend is a beautiful ship and very easy to get around on. Our cabin was on the 4th deck and the dining room just one
deck down. Lido was up 5 decks. We took the stairs all but a few times. We did not eat in the dining room but twice by our choice. We either had
late lunches or just pizza or salad most days. We did dine in there two nights and was very pleased with the service and the food. Excellent in all ways. Also, we chose the anytime dining which was perfect for us. We were able to get a table for just the two of us which we prefer. The only food issue we had was really just a lack of different venues during the evening hours. You could always get pizza and salad. The deli was not open past 6:30 I believe and the the Bistro was only open from 6:00 to 9:30. But, we did not starve. We enjoyed the ice cream many times and had pizza several times. The ship was spotless. It's hard to believe they can keep a ship with so many people on board so clean. We did go to the Legends show the last night and was actually disappointed in it. The talents were not good and most of them didn't know the words or messed up very bad. But, that made it funny in a way.

I do believe Diamonds International pays Carnival to push their shops. Everything was Diamonds International Diamonds International, etc, etc. No, we did not even shop at one.

Disembarkment: Our embarkment code was 16 so we were almost one of the last ones off the ship. There was an issue that kept us from even starting until almost 8:30. They kept calling for several people over and over, I don't know if this held us up or not. Didn't matter to us, we were not in a hurry. We finally left the ship at almost 10:00.

I would go on the Legend again without a second thought. I was beautiful and we absolutley enjoyed the whole cruise. We did as much or as little
we wanted to do. The good news is I came home weighing exactly what I weighed when we left home. The weather was perfect to make the cruise
perfect. What an awesome time.

If you have any questions I will try to answer them. Vicki

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Great review, and I concur with 98% of what you reported. Ybor Hampton is a super place to stay before a cruise, but you are certainly correct in reporting that it's confusing to find the parking lot. I checked it out for someone during the daytime, and I know Tampa, but still had a bit of trouble finding the entrance to the parking lot.
The only other thing I noticed, was that the talent for the "Legends" show wasn't very good. OH,,,wait a minute,,,,I wasn't aboard. It's always GREAT when I'm Frank, or Elvis. Just kidding......you're absolutely correct about the folks forgetting their lines. As many times as I've been in that show, I still stumble once in a while. (Lets see,,,it's "The drummer boy, from Illinois went crash, boom, bang.)
Great review. THANKS

Ken
"SKY"
Old November 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
First Mate

Great review and YES the Legend is incredibly clean and well maintained!

Old November 25th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Admiral

I think I need to learn how to spell TURTLES. I tried to go back and edit it, but couldn't, sorry.

Need some cruise help?
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Very good review. Glad you had a good time.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Passenger

We had our first cruise on the Legend Nov 8th and I have to agree with everything above. Fabulous. Clean, very friendly staff, no issues at all. We were in the dining room every night for anytime dining and thoroughly enjoyed it. Usually timed it to overlap the sittings. I was fascinated by the setting up for the next sitting - everything was like a well oiled machine. Would highly recommend the Legend and cruising! When can I go again?!!
Old November 27th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Captain

Thanks so much for the review. We are sailing the Legend Jan. 24th and this will help me with my group. Still having trouble deciding what to do in Belize and Roatan. May try and do the same excursion as you did in Roatan, sounds good. We are so looking forward to the cruise, we need a vacation!!! Thanks again.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 27th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Thanks Vicki, Very nice review. We will be on with travelgalSue and hope to be able to met up with her some time. Saw some of your pics on Fb and they were great.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014