Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:17 AM
First Mate

Default Parking Port Everglades

I have heard that now that RCCL's Oasis of the Seas is in Port Everglades that the available parking has become extremely limited to the point that cruisers are being turned away because the garages are full. This sure would be a bummer for us as we live in FL and always drive to the embarkation ports. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this problem?

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Haven't heard about that happening, but after thinking about it, I can see that it's highly possible, and even highly probable! All the parking at Port Everglades that I've seen, (Yes, we always drive to the port, and have done cruises out of Port Everglades lots of times,) is in enclosed garages, and yes, they would be limited. No outside parking like they have in Miami. HMMMM,,,,just another problem caused by the "Oasis" mega ship. I wonder if they'll save parking in the garages for the other lines sailing out of that port, or just fill up all the parking for Oasis passengers???????

"SKY"
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Yes - they are talking about it in the Royal caribbean boards. It sounds like it is a problem. You can always get someone to drop you off instead, or park elsewhere and take a taxi into the port. I hope they fix it soon.

I parked there once myself and it was a problem even three years ago. I can't imagine with Oasis and Allure coming what it will be like.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM
david30101

One of the local hotels about 3 miles from the port offers free parking up to 14 days as long as you stay at least one night beofr your cruise. I did over thanksgiving. Room cost 125.00 which was cheaper then a 8 day cruise worth of parking. Hotel offered free shuttle to pier and you had to pay for cab to return. Forgot the name, but it was "suite" hotel at 18th ave and I-95. I will use them again if I cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:57 PM
david30101

151 sw 18th ct Dania Beach Fl 33004. Put that into your gps or on google earth that will give you name of hotel. They offer free parking up to 14 days as long as you check in for at least 1 night. They offer nice free breakfast as well.
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Admiral

There are at least 2 off site lots that you can park at and get shuttle service to and from the ships. If you go to United Airport Parking you will be able to reserve a spot and it is less expensive that at the port. There is another site that does the same but can't remember the name right now.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014