Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Thumbs up Inspiration Review 12/14 - 12/19

Were back from our cruise on the Inspiration. Despite a few small things our cruise was terrific.
We left for Tampa on Sunday the 13th and met up with one of our cabin mates who lives just outside Tampa. The flight was good as always with Southwest airlines.

Got to the port Monday the 14th at 11:30 a.m. as we pulled up our driver said “the ships not here yet”.When we got out of the cab I asked one of the port authority workers if he knew why the ship was not there and when we could expect it. Turns out the channel was closed due to heavy fog and the Inspiration would not arrive until 4:00 p.m. We decided to make the best of it and headed to the movies right there in Channelside, It was a long day.

We were allowed to board the ship around 7:00 p.m. since we were VIP we were the first ones on the ship. We dropped our stuff in our room and went to explore the ship. The ship was beautiful, very clean and looked great. We were greeted with smiles from all the staff and crew which impressed me because I knew what a long and frustrating day they must have had. Our room steward Jose from Honduras was a doll, we needed for nothing he took great care of us and our cabin.
Drinks were good and at a fair price, entertainment was also good. The food was just ok, seemed to always be luke warm at best. It seemed to improve after the 3rd day. Our wait staff was excellent and we had great people at out table and that’s always a plus.

Our ports were switched , instead of Grand Cayman on Wednesday we went to Cozumel and Thursday Grand Cayman. We really had no definite plans for either port so we just rolled with it. I did the kitchen tour and that was pretty cool to see behind the scenes.

Friday night we had some rough seas I started feeling a little sick so I went back to the room and hung out . Josh the cruise director announced that evening that we would not be back in Tampa as scheduled. This made me nervous due to the fact we had an 12:05 p.m. flight home.

The next morning it was announced that we would not arrive until 11:00 a.m.. Carnival did open the phone lines free of charge for people to call their airline and make other arrangements. This is where I have to give a shout out to Southwest airlines, after a two and a half hour wait to speak to a agent (due to the snow storm on the east coast) they put us on the 2:00 p.m. flight to Chicago at no extra charge. I live 10 minutes from O’Hare airport but drive 40 minutes to Midway airport to fly Southwest. In my opinion the other airlines could learn a few things from these guys.
All in all we had a great time. We refused to let anything get to us and just took as it came.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014

Last edited by Aerogirl; December 21st, 2009 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Wonderful review. What did you do on your excursions off the ship?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Admiral

We went snorkling in the state park in Cozumel it was a first for me and I loved it. Makes me want to learn how to dive, so much life under the sea. I'm trying to decide on our next "girls cruise" and just maybe I will know how to dive by then. In Grand Cayman we did a tour of the island. The turtle farm,Hell,and the rum cake store it was just ok. Next time I want to go off the beat and path a little and really see the island. Thanks for asking!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014