Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Passenger

Default Valor or Glory

I'm new to cruising and looking to book a Western Caribbean cruise in Feb 2011. The Valor and Glory have the same itinerary and prices. Are there any notable differences between the two besides decor? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Admiral

The Glory and Valor are the same except for the decor. No difference in layout, size, etc. Both are Conquest class ships. The Valor came out a year or so after the Glory.The Valor was 3rd in line of the Conquest class wherein the Glory was the second in that particular line. I've been on the Glory --never on the Valor but I'm sure either one would be as good as the other.
Old December 25th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Passenger

I thought I saw that one specialty restaurant cost $25 and one $30. Is that the case? Are all the bars and lounges the same? For example, we would be particularly interested in wine bars and jazz bars and might favor one ship if they had both of these choices.
Old December 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Nope, pretty much the same as I recall. I've sailed both ships several times each, but haven't sailed Valor in a couple of years. I did sail Glory last month, and it was GREAT! I'd say it comes down to which ship you can get the cabin you prefer on. Either ship will be excellent IMO.

"SKY"
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:50 AM
Passenger

We picked the Valor with the extended balcony in the aft of the ship. Cabin 7453. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin. Would love to hear how the experience was.

Old January 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanham View Post
We picked the Valor with the extended balcony in the aft of the ship. Cabin 7453. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin. Would love to hear how the experience was.

I believe you will be pleased.

We sailed both this year and while both gave a wonderful experience...we enjoyed the Valor more.

I don't really know why (because we liked the Glory ports more...swine flu sent us to St Thomas and St Maarten ...two of my favorite ports)

the Valor was just a better experience for us.

We have not been in your specific cabin. But I did a search on another forum thread called "Don't Book These Cabins" and nothing negative came up!!!

Have a wonderful cruise.....

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Hi Jhanham ....New Brunswick huh ?
As I recall the Glory will be visiting New Brunswick this summer & fall.
Back in September I was on the Triumph which visited Saint John NB. The people there were wonderful, as were nearby Halifax.
In my cruise experiences I encountered the most friendly people in Canada's Atlantic provinces. Fundy National Park was lovely!

Also I've sailed the Valor & found her to be fabulous.... Among Carnival's best.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Passenger

We are a friendly bunch here in the Maritimes

September would be a nice time to visit the Atlantic provinces. The leaves are starting to change color and it is not that cold yet. Fundy Park is a nice spot.

The Cabot Trail in Cape Breton (Nova Scotia) would be wonderful at that time of the year but I imagine it would be impossible to do as a shore excursion. Beautiful scenic 185 mile drive overlooking the ocean. Whale watching is another fun thing to do in Cape Breton.

Looking at the available excursions for Halifax, I would choose Peggy's Cove or Lunenburg.

For Saint John, I would choose the previously mentioned Fundy National Park, Saint Andrews by the Sea, or Hopewell Rocks.

Old January 4th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanham View Post
We are a friendly bunch here in the Maritimes

September would be a nice time to visit the Atlantic provinces. The leaves are starting to change color and it is not that cold yet. Fundy Park is a nice spot.

The Cabot Trail in Cape Breton (Nova Scotia) would be wonderful at that time of the year but I imagine it would be impossible to do as a shore excursion. Beautiful scenic 185 mile drive overlooking the ocean. Whale watching is another fun thing to do in Cape Breton.

Looking at the available excursions for Halifax, I would choose Peggy's Cove or Lunenburg.

For Saint John, I would choose the previously mentioned Fundy National Park, Saint Andrews by the Sea, or Hopewell Rocks.
I did visit Peggy's Cove in September. That afternoon I took the double decked bus up to the Citadel. Cape Briton is on my "to do list", as is Lunenburg perhaps. I'm considering the same cruise in 2011. Another cruise-line does visit Cape Briton, but they priced it beyond my budget.

/ticker.png">
Old January 4th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Passenger

just out of curiousity, which cruise line is that. I still think only having a few hours in Cape Breton would not do it justice, but I guess you can say that about any port.

Old January 5th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Admiral

I was considering the Holland America Maasdam which sails between Boston and Montreal, with visits to Saint John NB, Halifax NS, Sydney NS, Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, and Quebec City.
It looked enticing but they price spoiled my appetite....200% rate for a single cabin + air was $2700.
For Sydney the shore excursions listed are several to Louisbourg fortress and an all day tour to Cabot Trail. Perhaps a better deal will come alone.
This September my parents and I are scheduled to visit another part of Canada...Barff National Park and Calgary along with Glacier National Park in Montana.
So many pretty places to visit, so little time!

/ticker.png">