Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Beginner

Question Computers on Triumph?

Are the computers in the Internet Cafe equipped with camera card readers? I was thinking of just bringing along a high capacity memory stick to transfer pictures to clear the camera card, instead of having to bring the laptop with us.
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

not sure about weather the machines have card readers, but the photo department had a service to copy photos to cd's. maybe someone knows the price. another option would be taking a card reader, but i think with the price of memory being as low as it is you would be better off picking up a 2 to 4 gig card.
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old January 1st, 2010, 03:53 PM
Admiral

I don't think you'll find readers on the systems aboard ship. I believe they are all "client" systems, and are usually unaccessible anyway. As dfhawk said, your best bet is to take them (your memory cards) to the photo folks to be processed, or just take extra memory sticks aboard so you don't run out of space. Good luck, and have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:57 PM
Admiral

I would offer to check for you when we sail on Monday....but I am so computer "challenged"...I wouldn't know what to ask for or if I was getting the right answer.....

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND