CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Muster drill (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/370402-muster-drill.html)

wakedreams December 31st, 2009 12:04 PM

Muster drill

I heard a rumor that you no longer have to bring your lifejackets to the muster drill. Is this true? or just wishful thinking on my part?

Would be nice to actually see the ship sail away for once without holding the life jacket in one hand, Fun ship special in the other, and trying to take pictures.
LOL

Kuki December 31st, 2009 12:09 PM

It'a true. Life jackets not necessary for Muster Drill.

skymaster December 31st, 2009 12:16 PM

Yep, our last two cruises aboard Carnival have had the boat drill without the necessity of digging out, and taking the life jackets. Still a pain in the @ss, but not nearly as bad as with the jackets. LOL

"SKY"

wakedreams December 31st, 2009 12:36 PM

Great news!!
:-D

Trip December 31st, 2009 04:04 PM

Not having them, just makes standing shoulder to shoulder, in the heat, so much easier..In October the heat was so extreme, to the point of almost fainting....

Aerogirl December 31st, 2009 04:19 PM

Our drill was held in the Paris lounge.

ScurvyDog December 31st, 2009 04:27 PM

Dec 3rd Carnival Dream
Muster station was mid-ship dining room.
We remained there the entire time.
No Life Jackets.:cool:

lhp December 31st, 2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScurvyDog (Post 1265382)
Dec 3rd Carnival Dream
Muster station was mid-ship dining room.
We remained there the entire time.
No Life Jackets.:cool:

I am still trying to put a face with a name on the Dream Dec 3rd cruise.

Were you the handsome gentleman that I sang to when I did God Bless the USA???

ScurvyDog December 31st, 2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp (Post 1265386)
I am still trying to put a face with a name on the Dream Dec 3rd cruise.

Were you the handsome gentleman that I sang to when I did God Bless the USA???

You probably sang it more than once but I was there when you sang it at Ocean Plaza.
You also took a couple of pictures of us using our camera on formal night.
We also met briefly at Bloggers 2 on Fantasy.

Cruisebunny7 January 1st, 2010 08:26 AM

Sweet! We hated this part, well except for what happened to us the last time we had muster drill on the Glory. Ready for this story??

SO my husband and I are standing in the packed shoulder to shoulder group on deck after we had been rounded up and organized in this fashion. The crew goes over theh procedures and then asks if there are any questions, a hand goes up. It is a gentleman in his early thirties wearing a floral shirt and holding an empty "Fun Ship special" drink cup in one hand.

He says " So let me get this straight, you want us who have most likely had a few of these (raises empty cup and waves) by the time something would probably happen, to calmly run down to our cabins, which by the way are on the bottom of the ship (Riveria Deck) use our electronic key card to enter our cabins and retreive these things, in the dark most likely and then find our way to our muster station, in the dark with all these 3,000 passengers and sit there in an orderly fashion until you come get us?"

Crew reply "Yes, sir"

Gentleman reply. "Ok, well I guess I will be waiting for the Coast Guard by the bar then, Thanks for the tutorial."

LOL all of the passengers in our group brust out in laughter and the crew just looked very unhappy.

green_rd January 1st, 2010 09:18 AM

Priceless - I have thought it would be more efficient to store the life jackets at the muster stations.

skymaster January 1st, 2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1265449)
Priceless - I have thought it would be more efficient to store the life jackets at the muster stations.

COMEON Bob,,,,,that would make entirely too much sense. It'd be a lot more fun to watch 3000 drunks try to find their way to the cabin, in the dark, and retrieve the life jackets. What could be better???? :confused:

"SKY"

Donna January 1st, 2010 11:19 AM

I actually did see a lady faint once during the drill. It was very warm and the way everyone has to be shoved together, not a good idea.

lhp January 1st, 2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScurvyDog (Post 1265388)
You probably sang it more than once but I was there when you sang it at Ocean Plaza.
You also took a couple of pictures of us using our camera on formal night.
We also met briefly at Bloggers 2 on Fantasy.

Nope...I only sang it once...in Ocean Plaza!!!
I THOUGHT SO....you were that handsome guy!!!! ;)

I am really going to have to do something about my "old timer's brain"....

That is the only thing I don't like about the Blogger's Cruises.....we meet so many great folks that I only remember about half of them.

We head out Monday on the Triumph.... I will sing it again in your honor!!

Cruznut2 January 1st, 2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1265470)
I actually did see a lady faint once during the drill. It was very warm and the way everyone has to be shoved together, not a good idea.

Donna, Remember Patty?? She is tiny and we were in the back line shoulder to shoulder during the drill on Glory. Poor Patty standing there behind so many behinds at her height. When it was over and everyone finally left she said to me"Thank God, fresh air"LOL She was quite a trooper to stand there so quietly all that time. Gotta love her.

Laura

ttam January 1st, 2010 07:39 PM

muster drill

If the cruisers who are under the "alkafulence of incohol", as one told me could make it before they are smashed,the muster would go alot smoother. some of the cruisers wait till the end when the people are hot, cranky, and wander on down. We stood with life jackets on for 45 min untill people passed out and others were about to faint. The crew said nothing about the late comers
MY opinion and every one has one is : INSIDE, WITHOUT LIFE JACKETS.
I have heard that this may be happening on DREAM, and comments.
Oh well thats my 2 cents worth.
looking fwd to DREAM in NOV 2010

Snoozeman January 2nd, 2010 01:26 AM

I didn't know Carnival followed RCCL's lead on the life jacket situation. That's good news.:)

MTSFP January 2nd, 2010 02:58 PM

Just returned from a seven day on the Carnival Pride - no life jackets at the muster drill, although having the muster outside in 35 degree weather was a bit much.

IMO, the muster drill could have been held in various locations inside because of the temperature. If Carnival is going to sail from northern ports in the winter, then they need to adapt the muster drill to acknowledge that they may be sailing in COLD temperatures.

david30101 January 4th, 2010 07:29 AM

If the "real thing" ever happened, I will assure you it wont be a orderly fashion. People will freak out and will be everybody for themselves..