Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2010, 06:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Maumekim Send a message via MSN to Maumekim Send a message via Yahoo to Maumekim
Default Post your room and reviews

I thought it would be nice for future cruisers to have one central post to look at reviews of rooms on the ships.

This being my first cruise I have spent several days trying to see if this room was a better option than that room and whats the plus and minus of each.

Well I have learned a lot, but it has taken a LONG time of researching 3 boards.

So if you can...post your room number and ship in your response title and your review of that room in the message.

Thanks

1st cruise Jan 31, 2010 Carnival Splendor
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
First Mate

I have been on nine cruises, with cabins ranging from outside view to balcony suites - I can honestly say that I have never had a bad cabin, except on our transatlantic when we were housed between two heavy smokers. Luckily, another cabin opened that allowed us to move and enjoy the second half of the cruise much more.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Carnival Inspiration cat#12, cabbin U70. This room is located on the upper deck (6th)it's the first room with balconies on the port side. What's nice about the first or last cabbin of balcony suites is only one side of you has another balcony room . The other side is a room without a balcony so it's a little more private. We had three in the room and never felt crowded. Nice size bathroom with a spa bathtub. Stocked bar, walk-in closet with plenty of storage. I would never cruise without a balcony.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Maumekim Send a message via MSN to Maumekim Send a message via Yahoo to Maumekim
Default Splendor 7273

On January 31st we will be in Suite 7273 on the Splendor. As soon as we return I will post a FULL review of this cabin and ship!

Happy Sailing
Kim

1st cruise Jan 31, 2010 Carnival Splendor
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Admiral

We always get inside cabins. On the Valor this past Oct we had cabin 2201, and inside that was actually an outside but no portholes. Odd layout but a good cabin. IT is at the front and even though deck plans show it under the theater it is most likely under stairs for the theater as the only time we eer heard any noise was when the anchor was either being put down or brought up and that was only twice so not bad at all.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old January 7th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Admiral

After comparing three cruise lines cabins( Carnival, Royal Caribbean, & Princess) I was surprised at how much nicer Carnival cabins seem to be as far as décor and Carnival for the most part is the cheapest. I like having a nicely decorated room .The other looked bare and cold. I know the cabins on the very new ship are better but I really have to say the ones I looked at can’t compare to Carnival in décor.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014