Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2010, 11:14 PM
Familiar Face

Default booking your next cruise while on board

i like to know if carinval offer the same as princess does
when we went on princess a few years ago we could book our next cruise with just 100 per person
what i went to know is if the valor offer it
we are going on the valor in about 8 weeks
i want to book next years cruise while on board
if anyone knows let me know
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:44 PM
First Mate

I have been on 11 Carnival cruises and never had the chance to book a cruise while still on the ship. I have heard people talk about it but I have never seen it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Read and post cruise reviews

Fascination 01/02
Imagination 07/02
Glory 07/04
Glory 12/04
Valor 12/05
Miracle 08/06
Fascination 10/06
Triumph 06/07
Inspiration 11/07
Destiny 08/08 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 11/09 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 10/10 (VIP Status)
Destiny 10/11 (VIP Status)
Enchantment of the Seas(RC)04/13
Dream 07/13
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:48 AM
Captain

I think Valor has a next cruise desk. Only 5 ships have the next cruise desk.

Its similar in the OBC you get, but you have to pay the full deposit to book, not just the $100, the cost of the Next cruise cert.

Another difference is the certs are good for 5 years, on Princess they are only good for 3 years.

Yet another difference is the certs cant be called in to book with. If you buy them to take home they have to be snail mailed certified mail into Miami. They are then applied to the final payment, the $100 you paid comes off that.

... but at least the OBC concept is about the same as on Princess or RCL. Im hoping Carnival fixes them so you can call the # in and dont have to mail the original certificate into their offices to be applied.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Like Flowers said, some ships have it, but most don't. I've used it once, and frankly, I LOST the paper certificate. It took several phone calls, but they did "find" my certificate in their files, and allowed me to use it. IMO it's GREAT, but not as good as the Princess plan. Wish they'd adopt the "Princess Plan" on this deal, as it's much easier, and offered on every Princess ship I've sailed lately. Good luck. (I'm sailing "Liberty" soon, so I hope that ship offers the certificates!)

"SKY"
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Admiral

I know Splendor had a future cruise desk (or whatever). They were offering $100 OBC certificates for a $100 deposit towards a future cruise whether you booked something or not. I'm sure they were also booking actual cruises too.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Captain

I googled it, came up with 4, Splendor, Freedom, Valor, Conquest... havent found the fifth ship yet. Its one of the Conquest class.
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Captain

I think Liberty is the 5th ship that has a future cruise desk. I always forget that one.
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I find it interesting that all cruise lines, don't do this on all ships. Seems a no brainer to me, to get already pumped people, to book again.

They have your money earning interest for as long as you don't cruise. The cruisers enthusiasm is at it's peak, so, why not capitalize on it,and offer the best they can to cruisers,to get it on the books.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 11th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Captain

I dont know why Carnival doesnt have this more expanded and able to do the bookings to apply it over the telephone.

Carnival owns Princess ... so you would think they would have a model in place to figure out a better way to do this?

I keep hearing Dream will get a future cruise desk in 2010, but no one cites their source. ... its that "they heard".