Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default InsureMyTrip.Com

This is only my second cruise and for the first cruise I purchased my trip insurance through AAA, who was our booking agent. This time, I reserved my cruise with a different travel agent so I am looking for trip insurance options and found InsureMyTrip.com. LOTS of options on this site, so can anyone tell me if they have used this site, and if yes, can you give advice as to what to look for and what to avoid. The obvious to me was the medical and emergency medical evacuation but what else should I evaluate on? Also, has anyone had to use their travel insurance and what was your good/bad experiences in dealing with them? Should I avoid certain trip insurance companies that may be listed on InsureMyTrip altogether? My cruise doesn't depart till 6/20/10 so I have some time but don't want to wait till the last minute.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I always use this site,but have never had a claim, but know people who ,and they, had no issues.....

Make your side by side comparisons on the site, and for me the medical evac is most important as well...I add in the hotel and air.

Once I plug in my info, I do the side by side comparison, I can instantly see the variances in policies, and decide which one leans closest to my priorities...

If by chance there is an illness factored into your info, make sure you buy the insurance within the required time stated. I have used most of the majors, which top the listings....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 6th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Admiral

We included cancel-for-any-reason coverage on our last cruise due to H1N1 concerns. If you want this coverage you have to buy the insurance within a couple of weeks of your booking.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Admiral

I have used them and was very satisfied but have never had to file a claim.
Follow Trip's advice and I think you will be fine.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Glad to know others have used this site with no problems. Thanks for your comments.
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I use CSA travel protection now, and have never had a problem even with claims. Make sure you have trip interuption and baggage loss as well, you just never know.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Admiral

I've used them for all three of our crusies. If you have a pre-existing condition you have to buy the insurance within a certain time frame for them to cover a lose that is related to that condition. I've never had to file a claim either, thank goodness.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 24th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Friends, there is one more user friendly website, www.insureatclick.com to buy instant insurance policies. You can easily compare policy for best quote.
Old January 24th, 2011, 06:31 AM
First Mate

Wow, lots of spam running around these days. I've seen InsureMyTrip.com discussed on here before with good words said. Myself, I'm a USAA member, so I do everything through them, and suggest that anyone who served honorably do the same.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I use CSA travel protection now, and have never had a problem even with claims. Make sure you have trip interuption and baggage loss as well, you just never know.
The agency I work for also uses CSA most clients are satisfied. Another carrier I like is itravelinsured.com.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 24th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
...Another carrier I like is itravelinsured.com.

Laura
That's who I use whenever I do get insurance.
(which is rarely)

OP: yes that's a good site.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.